Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I saw a beautiful silver 1999 E55 on the highway in the chicago land area. It seems to me that it sits lower(especially in the back) then the newer ones I have seen. I know the front end of the post 1999's were altered a little, is this what makes me think that the rear end sits slightly higher on the post 1999's?<br> <br> I am debating between a E55 & and a SMG M3. I know, to very different cars, but I always loved fast sedans. I have been seeing so many E55's lately I am starting to lean in that direction. Beautiful car! <br> <br> Thanks in advance for any info provided.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Question regarding 1999 E55 & post 1999 E55

I'm not exactly sure of the specifics on ride height as I just recently started getting into the E55. I'm a bimmer guy (have had 5 to date) and almost bought and ///M5 or SMG E46 but bought an '02 E55. Hmmmm... what does that say?? This is my first merc and I'm totally into it. They are very different cars but in many regards the same. I love the feel and style of the E and even though it's at the end of it's current life I think it looks more current and will last longer than the BMW. Resale and value will be MUCH better with an E55 v. BMW too. my 2 cents...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts