Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got these wheels for the snows. Size of tires are 255 / 50 / 19 - same as stock. Pirelli.

Seems to be ever so slightly wider than the stock wheel tire combo. Any reason why?

The fronts stick out about 1/2 cm.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I couldn't view the pic but the R class is very hard to source correct wheels for, it requires a serious amount of offset, I am having a similar problem with 17" fitting inside the wheel wells. Most wheel companies show the ML, GL and R sharing wheels, however this is not the case, the R only share some of the wheels with the others, they don't all have the same offset.

·
Registered
390 Posts
wheels have an offset spec, not just diameter and width. Many people selling new and used wheels have no clue. I tried to buy aftermarket wheels at a local shop. They said "good for your car" but could not say what the offset was! I walked away.

here is a good calculator for you to show you what happens. I would say that 1/4 inch either way is not a big deal. But I may be wrong.

Wheel Offset Calculator

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Pretty much what the store said, "it'll fit both the MLs and the Rs".

Actually looks a bit more aggressive. I'm wondering if replicas are even made with the correct offset.

·
Registered
390 Posts
from the search of owners manuals, the stock R has 8 inch wide with 67mm offset and the M has 8inch with 60mm offset. THe 2011 M also comes witih an 8.5 inch wheel with 60mm offset and an AMG20inch tall, 8.5inch wheel with 55 mm offset.
The AMG may have different suspension allignment. Would be nice to get suspension specs to see if they compensate for the 5mm offset change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts