Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Black 99 SLK 230
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed their rear rotors.

I'm getting ready to change the rear brake pads and rotors.

I did the front a few weeks ago and it wasn't to hard.

I guess the pads are no big deal on the rear, but i'm not sure about the rotors.

Any advice would be great!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
1999 C55 AMG
93 Posts
its easy, just dont bang them off if they feel stuck on, TWIST THEM OFF SLOWLY, the ebrake can form a lip on the inside of the rotor, if they get really really stuck you need to loosen the ebrake, its been awhile and i dont remember how to

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
It's just like mihaley23 said.............

The rears are held in place with a single Phillips screw, but the Emergency Brake and rust may hold the rotor. If you are having a problem removing the disc, smack it easy a few times with a dead blow hammer, that will break loose any rust and should loosen it. The only things holding you up after that would be the brake shoes. Loosen those and the rotor should come off no sweat.
Be sure to clean the new discs of any preservatives that might be on them, both inside and out. Let us know how things worked out.
Don't forget to use jack stands, they are far safer then only a jack. If you can, take some photo's for the guys that have never seen the process.... [:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts