Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK230
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Unfortunately I had to take my car out last week due to a breakdown on my truck. After 3 days of driving I got the following code P0410 which is the secondary air injection system.

Not being mechanically inclined and strapped for cash can anybody explain to me what this exactly means, is it an expensive fix or something that can be done with the help of a mechanically inclined friend. Will this cause any significant damage until I can get it to a mechanic?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from the great white North.

·
Registered
98 red 230 slk
454 Posts
No, to the fix question. Yes, to mechanically inclined q, and no, to the last q. Do a search on P0410.

·
Registered
1998 slk230
88 Posts
Look at this link:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1348145-check-engine-light-code-p0410-4.html

I had to do this a few years ago, this post was still in my favorites. As far as I'm concerned it was the best info. Biggest PIA was cutting that gigantic crow foot tool. Make sure you vaccuum out all the junk that has/will fall into intake.

I had to do most of the work with my husband "supervising" and I had no problem. If I can do this you can too! Good luck!

·
Registered
1998 slk230
88 Posts
also clean the MAF, it's really easy too. I've had to do that a few times and since you'll already be in the area you may as well. You can buy the spray cleaner at any auto parts store. use VERY liberally!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts