Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 300 SEL that I need to get rid of, but I don't know a lot about it. It belongs to my dad and I have to sell it for him. He got it in trade from a lady and thought it'd be nice to have but never got around to using it due to a problem with the shocks. Presently the car is so low that I think all four shocks must be gone now. It was running before and had been drivin around but I think the engine has problems.

Here's my question: What is this thing worth when trying to sell it? I'm not a Mercedes guy, but when I do bike stuff the I go to the forums and everyone's really helpful so I was hoping to get some good feedback here regarding this Mercedes. The paint is pretty good with a hint of oxidation on the front drivers side, the interior is pretty good but the front seats have started to crack. There is a medium dent on on the front left quarter panel and some of the molding is starting to fall off. IT does still look good generally, but it is definitely starting to come into a state of needed preservation.

I have no pre-set ideas of what I think this will net us, but if anyone can give me an idea of what range I might want to expect it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
-88 250D, -93 280TE-24 Sportline and -00 E270T CDI
898 Posts
Nice car there but you are in the wrong forum, this is the W116 forum and you have what i guess is a W109 :)
It has air suspension i think, so maybe a bad air compressor or an air leak is the problem causing the low ride height?
Try posting in the "vintage" section of this forum, good luck! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts