Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking the oil level on our new GL350 and noticed how black/dark the oil was with only 300 miles on the vehicle. Is this something typical of diesel engines?
BTW, did I say how awesome the torque is on this thing!

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,112 Posts
All diesel engines will turn the motor oil black within 15 seconds of starting following an oil change.

In any event, color of motor oil is never ever meaningful, save for the notion that if your oil looks like new after many miles it means it's not an oil that's doing any cleaning, i.e. not a detergant oil.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was concerned too, but now I am used to it. That's the way diesel oil is.
We have a 2008 Non Bluetec and a 2009 Bluetec.
I thought that the Bluetec was only urea injection, but the Bluetec is smoother, quieter, and a little more powerful (feeling) than the 2008!

Note, if you run low on adblue, you can get it at most truckstops as 'diesel exhaust fluid'. it is $12 per 2.5 gal jug there.

At the dealer it's about $60 for 4 liters!

Enjoy the ride! Check out my photo driving across a lake with my Bluetec ML!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was concerned too, but now I am used to it. That's the way diesel oil is.
We have a 2008 Non Bluetec and a 2009 Bluetec.
I thought that the Bluetec was only urea injection, but the Bluetec is smoother, quieter, and a little more powerful (feeling) than the 2008!

Note, if you run low on adblue, you can get it at most truckstops as 'diesel exhaust fluid'. it is $12 per 2.5 gal jug there.

At the dealer it's about $60 for 4 liters!

Enjoy the ride! Check out my photo driving across a lake with my Bluetec ML!
Can u get the truck stop ad blue or does it have to be a special brand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts