Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course when you lower the car, it looks so much nicer, but how much does the rim rub the fender? I forgot who's it was but on the gallery with the black clk with 20" rims on it, I don't know how you can even turn...But that's the look I would like!

Also when you get your fenders rolled, does it mess up the inner fender? I know when I had that done to my old car we had to completely remove the rubber lining. That worries me.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
43 Posts
20's

there's two of us with 20's in the gallery i believe... me and dronellis... dronellis has the black dubs and his is lowered... mine isnt lowered yet...still have to get myself a carlsson rs before i lower it
[^]

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice

Damn so you haven't lowered it and the dubs filled the gaps pretty good. That's freakin sweet. I'm gonna work on the stereo (JL all the way), the work on some dubs.

I'd probably lower it but not too much. Don't want to mess up my fenders.

THanks!

·
Registered
bmw 330ci widebody
3 Posts
do you guys have any pics you can post?

I am in market for a 01 clk55 amg and wonderi...

do you guys have any pics you can post?

I am in market for a 01 clk55 amg and wondering what rims i could fit without rubbing, tired of dealing with complications with most major mods

was thinking of getting H&R one inch drop for teh clk55, if thats nto too low, but if the 19 or 20 fill the gap fine, then i wont

post pics please, im a newbie in the benz community...former bmw fanatic

heres my current car im parting

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
check out my pics in the gallery section... pat's benz on dubs... there's still a little...

check out my pics in the gallery section... pat's benz on dubs... there's still a little clearance... ill probably lower it a half an inch or take out the spring pads... if u want 20s you need to bend the black iron thing... i think its called an arm... well at least i had to do it because the offset wasnt enough and i had to buy cheap spacers from pepboys... it worked out fine though

·
Registered
02 CLK55
6 Posts
my 02 clk55 has 19" Brabus Monoblock V's with 235's on the front and 265's on the rear. B...

my 02 clk55 has 19" Brabus Monoblock V's with 235's on the front and 265's on the rear. Brabus also lowered it, put on their sport suspension and rolled the fendors.

Occasionally I will get a little wheel rub on the back but that's only if I'm riding fast and not paying attention to the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
CLK 430
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Sweet,

how much were the rims and lowing roughly?

·
Registered
clk 320
2 Posts
the normal offset for clk is 37. if you wan to put 20" yaou should go for offset 35 and fr...

the normal offset for clk is 37. if you wan to put 20" yaou should go for offset 35 and front for 7 1/2 and back 8 or 9 would be fine. but you must roll the fender for both of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts