Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
white 2011 E350 4MATIC Pano roof, P2, MM
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I'm new to the forum. I've been shopping for a new benz and like the c class. I'm 5' 11' and I went to test drive a 2009 c class and I was pleased with my leg room and I even sat in the back to see if the rear leg was good and I was also pleased with it.

However I'm thinking is my judgement is a bit off because I want this car so much lol. I have a 2 year old daughter and a wife. I think the c class offers enough space for all of us and some. But I wanted to talk to other drivers/owners my height or over to give me their opinions/experiences with space and comfortability. Please give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
2011 C300 6spd manual
5 Posts
I have a 2011 C300 with a 6spd manual and I'm 6'4". I think I have plenty of room in the driver's seat. However, I would not want to sit in the back lol.
But for kids and young teenagers it should be fine, even for trips.
Still, I look at the car more as a two seater or as a four seater for short rides. I have a big Yukon XL for use as the family vehicle as my kids are nearly grown up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2011 C300 with a 6spd manual and I'm 6'4". I think I have plenty of room in the driver's seat. However, I would not want to sit in the back lol.
But for kids and young teenagers it should be fine, even for trips.
Still, I look at the car more as a two seater or as a four seater for short rides. I have a big Yukon XL for use as the family vehicle as my kids are nearly grown up.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I have to go back with my family and try it out again. This would be our only car but I think we'll be fine. I'm in NYC so we don't drive everywhere and the smaller the car the better for parking. Anybody else please feel free to weigh in :D

·
Registered
2009 C300 Sport 6 Speed; 2008 E350 4MATIC Sport
955 Posts
Thanks a lot for the reply. I have to go back with my family and try it out again. This would be our only car but I think we'll be fine. I'm in NYC so we don't drive everywhere and the smaller the car the better for parking. Anybody else please feel free to weigh in :D
I'm 6'2", and a lot of it is femur. I am very comfortable in this car based on almost four years of ownership. I don't carry rear seat passengers often, but when I have, there is enough room for average height folks. I wouldn't want to carry them cross-country, but they'd easily be fine from the Verrazano to Yankee Stadium!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm 6'2", and a lot of it is femur. I am very comfortable in this car based on almost four years of ownership. I don't carry rear seat passengers often, but when I have, there is enough room for average height folks. I wouldn't want to carry them cross-country, but they'd easily be fine from the Verrazano to Yankee Stadium!
Cool! That's what I wanted to hear! I told a couple of friends I was looking at the c300 and they were all saying why not the E class? smh. I had to tell them I honestly like the c class better not just because it's cheaper. They all thought the C was too small but one of them has a bmw 3 series so I don't know why I was listening to him lol. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
955 Posts
Cool! That's what I wanted to hear! I told a couple of friends I was looking at the c300 and they were all saying why not the E class? smh. I had to tell them I honestly like the c class better not just because it's cheaper. They all thought the C was too small but one of them has a bmw 3 series so I don't know why I was listening to him lol. Thanks for the reply
I've got one of each, although the E is primarily for my wife. When I drive the E, I feel about 10 years older...it's softer and less responsive...more sedate and a "luxury" car. The C, in Sport model configuration, is quite a bit more entertaining, although not quite as much as your friend's 3.

·
Registered
2011 C300 4Matic Sport
45 Posts
I am 5' 11" and drive with the seat extended to its backward limit. I have to move the seat forward with a passenger in the back seat which makes for cramped driving. Ok for a short distance only.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I am 5' 11" and drive with the seat extended to its backward limit. I have to move the seat forward with a passenger in the back seat which makes for cramped driving. Ok for a short distance only.
Wow....you must be a lot of leg!! I'm 3" taller overall and don't need to push all the way back to drive a stick! To the OP....go sit in the car. As you can see, overall height doesn't tell the whole story...your personal bodystyle makes a difference!

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
The C300 is quite roomy, especially when compared to my IS350 sedan.

·
Registered
2012 C250 Sport Sedan
13 Posts
Dude you have some longass legs! I'm 5' 10" and if I drive with the seat back all the way, my feet won't even reach the pedals. Then again I do have short teenager legs.
:baby bottle:

To the OP, me, I don't feel cramped at all and even when I have people in the backseat, they don't complain about legroom or being cramped so you should be okay. One thing to have in mind, you will have scuff marks from shoes and stuff on the back of your seats, I'm not sure if that happens to everyone but it does kinda annoy me.

And please don't purchase the E class, it's less fun to drive, even if it is more luxurious. It just feels a lot fatter and slower than the C. Then again it's your money, you should buy what you think you'll be able to drive on a daily basis with no complaints or regrets.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
At 6' 4" I have no problem even with three troopers. Though the DLT-21 has to go in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Even with helmets on? Wow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts