Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes S350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke, I have a 2006 Mercedes S350, what is the biggest size rim i can put on the car without sacrificing ride? Any suggestions? Thanks!

-J.D.

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
The new tire sponsor here will not answer your quetion, so if you want to ask Luke you need to go to the Tire Rack (...com) or I think his e-mail address is [email protected] or [email protected].

The new tire sponsor, Discount Tire, seems to be here only to sell us stuff--not to help us w/ our queations.

·
Registered
2006 Mercedes S350
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Anyways ways Jayhawk you seem to be rather good at this stuff...Do u know the biggest size rim you can put on the 2006 S350 without sacrificing ride?

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
Thanks, Anyways ways Jayhawk you seem to be rather good at this stuff...Do u know the biggest size rim you can put on the 2006 S350 without sacrificing ride?
I really don't know for sure, but I believe you can go as large as 19", maybe even 20", before noticing a stiffening of ride quality. Handling, on the other hand, might actually improve somewhat w/ an increase in wheel size. I ran your car through the Tire Rack site and they show wheels for your car up to 20" so that should be your upper limit.

Wheels for 2006 Mercedes-Benz S350 Sedan=

·
Registered
1995 E300 Diesel
95 Posts
Yep, I nominate Jayhawk as new Tire Forum Guru. Being that the Discount Tire people ( I was going to say they were MIA - but, they don't fit this description because to be an MIA you would have at least seen action once?) are DOA...yep, totally DOA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts