Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML 430
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at your picture album of your ML and I noticed you had a different antenna than the standard GPS/cell antenna on the 2000+, I have a 99 so all I have is that cap but I would like the look of an antenna in that hole, I dont particulary like that box though (standard antenna on MY 00+) where did you get that antenna and price, and is it possible to hook up with nothing installed (just for decoration if you will) any instructions?

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Like this, yes you can get it from your local dealer for less than $15.00. I can give you the parts # when I get home[:)]and yes, you don't need to put anything attach to it, just for looks.

·
Registered
1999 Kleemann ML43K
1,390 Posts
man that picture brings back memories from the old days

I also bought the antenna from MB...and in fact got the idea from JimB! there are two parts. you simply screw in the actual metal antenna[it's for the Motorola cell phone which I do not have activated] and then the plastic cover you see in the picture slips over the antenna. It takes some force to get it flush with the roof but once on it's on for good. I like the look of it much better then the NAV antenna also. a Cheap mod that leads to nice aesthetics!

I'm surprised I wasn't flamed for the ///AMG badge. which BTW has subsequently long been removed:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts