Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What wheels did dou go for? and do they work OK?<br>
My dealer (UK - I'm still waiting delivery my C32) is full of scare stories about paintwork and insurance issues if I have the fenders rolled, so I'm looking for max width 18' without bodywork mods - so far can only find the AMG monoblocks in 8 & 9 x 18. <br>
Do you know of any others that will suit my requirements for sure?<br>
Thanks,<br>
Guy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Answer to Guy...

Well...I am using my old set of wheels (for my CLK430) which is Carlsson 2/5. The front is 8.5J and it needs a spacer in order to clear the huge AMG caliper. The rear is 10J and its WAY too wide. The tires are CUTTING the edge of the rear bumper. <br> I really have a tough time trying to find a nice set of wheels for the car. So far, my first choice is the new AMG Styling III 18' 2 piece. I was told that the AMG Styling III 19' one piece for the CL55 should fit the C32 (with spacers). Other than that, my next choice will be the Carlsson again (but this time I'll go for the Brilliant Edition 1/5 or 2/5 8x18 or 19 front and 9x18 or 19 rear).<br> The major problem with this car is the large caliper in the front. U can almost put anything for an ordinary C-class, but not the C32. If u can clear the front, the next thing u have to worry is the rear. Having a 9.5J for the rear really looks cool but it will probably rub the fender. So yr best shot will be either 7.5J front and 8.5J rear or 8.5J all around.<br> Hope this will help u a bit! U can send me an e-mail if u wanna ask me further questions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Answer to Guy...

18x8 front wheel with a 225/40-18 and 18x9 rear with a 255/35-18 works if the wheel has enough the proper offset and brake clearance ... no problems<br> <br> Luke

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Question for Luke - help please

First a confession - I'm in the Uk, so unlikely to be a customer. I want an 18' as you suggest, 8' & 9 ' staggered, but the Carlsson dealers here don't yet have the info you do - <br> Can you tell me which Carlsson wheels, and specially what OFFSET will fit the C32 WITHOUT bodywork mods?<br> No-one here has tried the wheels on the C32 and the caliper / spacer issue means they can't tell me if the wheel is pushed out so far that it requires a fender roll?<br> Can you help me?<br> Many thanks,<br> Guy

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Question for Luke - help please

Guy,<br> This package with Carlsson 1/5 Diamond Edition wheels would not require any modifications on a C32 and I can easily ship to the UK also. <br> <br> 2 225/40ZR18 BS POZ S-03 POLE 190.00 <br> 2 255/35ZR18 BS POZ S-03 POLE 232.00 <br> 2 18X8 5-112 ET35 CAR 1/5 359.00 <br> 2 18X9 5-112 ET30 CAR 1/5 339.00<br> Install using original<br> Mercedes Lug bolts.<br> Ship Meth» UPD Amt. 302.80 <br> Total 2,542.80 <br> <br> <br> Luke<br> 219-287-2345 ext. 362

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Luke - did U get my e-mail?

Thanks for your response - I sent you an e-mail with a query - please let me know if not received.<p>p77s02a02.client.global.net.uk

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: I did not recieve your e-mail ... Here It Is......

Luke - <br> Many thanks for your reply - I have 2 questions - <br> is there an 18x9.5 Carlsson 1/5 for the rear, or is that a typo?<br> <br> Is there any Tax to be paid on your total?<br> <br> and (3 questions!) any idea of delivery time?<br> <br> Thanks <br> <br> Guy<p>p45s13a07.client.global.net.uk

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well

Carlsson does produce the 18x9.5 but, I wouldn't recommend it on a C32 ... because there is little to no benefit (tire would still be the same size) and the resulting width would require fender lip modifications.<br> <br> no tax on my end I do not know about possible import duties.<br> <br> 1-2 weeks<br> <br> <br> Luke<p>tiresales.tirerack.net

1 - 9 of 9 Posts