Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Question for Gill

1489 Views 15 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  drk. grn. 400se
Hi Gill, I have a question. Have you ever heard of a symptom when your driving and all of a sudden the ASR light comes on and your car acts as if your traction control kicked in? I must press the pedal to the floor to get the car to move

My car has been doing that on and off for the last couple weeks. The only way to restore power is to shut off the car and restart. Ever heard of this?

Thanks as usual Gill,

drk. grn. 400se [B)][B)]
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
Re: re.. asr

Yes it will be okay for a while Peter, but it will happen again...

drk. grn 400se[B)]
Sounds like you have a dodgy pulse sensor on one or more wheels. It could have fouled up with wet leaves at this time of year.

check the wires leading to each sensor for cuts, they are succeptable to water, so if any are cut, change the wire. If this doesnt fix it, then have your mechanic remove each wheel, and clean your ABS/ASR sensor and blow out the pulse cog at each wheel with a compressor. That should clear out any sh!t thats fouling your sensor reading. Failing all the above you have a faulty sensor. They are not too difficult to replace.

· Registered
2007 s550
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
asr re-Gill

Okay Gill I will check them but I need just a little instruction as to what i'm looking at.

Can i see the wires without removing the wheels? If I take off the wheels myself where are the asr/abs sensors located?

Thanks Gill,

drk. grn. 400se

· Registered
444 Posts
Re: asr re-Gill

Okay Gill I will check them but I need just a little instruction as to what i'm looking at.

Can i see the wires without removing the wheels? If I take off the wheels myself where are the asr/abs sensors located?

Thanks Gill,

drk. grn. 400se
you will need to remove each wheel, the hub sensor is located behind the brake rotor

· Registered
444 Posts
Re: asr re-Gill

drk. grn. 400se - 12/7/2003 4:01 PM

Gill one last question. I callled the dealer and priced the asr/abs sensors, the parts guy told me these sensors are only on the frint wheels, is that true?[?]

drk. grn. 400se.
I havent forgotten you drkgrn , I need to check this out before I answer [^]

· Registered
92 400SE, 93 400E, 01 CLK320, 01 ML320, 98 Land Rover Discovery
201 Posts
Electrical Components On Front Axle And In Engine Compartment (1st Pict)

Electrical Components On Rear Axle And In Passenger Compartment (2nd Pic)

Attachments

· Registered
444 Posts
E X C E L L E N T Russell

rsmcmahon - 12/10/2003 12:06 PM

Electrical Components On Front Axle And In Engine Compartment (1st Pict)

Electrical Components On Rear Axle And In Passenger Compartment (2nd Pic)
E X C E L L E N T Russell,
Thanks for your help, saves me climbing underneath the car to check in this cold weather
[:D][:D][:D]

· Registered
92 400SE, 93 400E, 01 CLK320, 01 ML320, 98 Land Rover Discovery
201 Posts
:) No... I'm a computer network engineer - not a mechanic! The pics are from my subscription to Alldada.com The online pay service provides both MB technical data and service and repair information. I also have a Green 92 400se that I'm constantly working on.

Glad I could help.

Russell

· Registered
93 300SE, 07 BMW 328i Coupe, 01 GSX-R1000
940 Posts
:) No... I'm a computer network engineer - not a mechanic! The pics are from my subscription to Alldada.com The online pay service provides both MB technical data and service and repair information. I also have a Green 92 400se that I'm constantly working on.

Glad I could help.

Russell
Just to let you guys know, I think Russell meant www.alldata.com, but I'm sure you guys could have figured that out [;)]

Regards,
Bryan

· Registered
2007 s550
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Russell, since we have the same car (year and model), I wonder if we could exchange notes on repair issue we have both experienced?

I'm getting ready to start repairing my car and I would really appreciate some advice on a few things.

If you have the time let me know and I'll explian my issues. From what I see these cars have the same problems so I'm pretty sure you've all ready fixed alot of the things i'm going thru.

Please let me know......

drk. grn. 400se[:D]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.