Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered an AMG exhaust (just the muffler with a little bit of piping, not cat-back) and I wanted to know if the exhaust sound is loud or is it silenced on the c43s because that's the type of exhaust I'm getting? I don't want a quiet exhaust and I saw a c43 on the freeway the other day and I couldn't even hear the exhaust sound from his car at about 70 mph. My friend told me to take out one of my catalyt convertors (I think I have 2 cats) when I get the muffler to make it sould a little bit louder. I don't care about passing smog because I can get illegal smog checks. What do you guys think that I should do?????

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I hope this helps.<br> <br> I drive a 1997 C36 and the exhaust has basically no sound at all. It might be the same with the C43 but what the hell..I would never want to drown out that sweet sound of 3.6l engine at high RPMs for the sound of a rumbling exhaust.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C43 is louder and deeper than a C36...

because of the V8 engine. In fact, it is one of the best sounding cars I have ever heard next to a TVR and M5. I love this car. Anyway, putting an AMG muffler of a C280 will make it a little bit louder, but not much.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your car is a joke in my city everyones grandma drives that car you are not going to get a c43 sound power or look unless you buy a c43

1 - 5 of 5 Posts