Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
G290 TD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help before buying a G. Im search for a G290 TD and there is more short model then long one for sale. And in this producing of the car the front diff sperren was a option like the AC. The first question, what realy is the different between them. Is there possible to montage a sperren to a model without it? Expensive or difficult,or is it just overkill with this. Next,does DB have a AC kit for the 461 models for aftermarket. I have a family with wife and two kids, is it stupid to buy a short model to transport the family in? I know for a forest driving the short model is the best choice but wonder how its work in normal family-life? Also is there a different to drive them in roads the short/long model? Thanks for all help and info./Regards Göran

·
Registered
TJs, FJ40s, JGCs, G500
2,343 Posts
Göran,

get the lwb!
It has much more room, and it has a lot more comfortable ride.
Get it with front lockers. Retrofit is very expensive (you need the entire front axle).
No AC kit from MB. Retrofit is not cheap.

Harald

·
Registered
G290 TD
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harald for a quick and good answer...like always[:)] Im sure right car coming up a day and if someone in Germany or other part of Europa know a G290TD LWB for sale you are welcome mail me on [email protected] [email protected] The option on the car schould be, AC,2 lockers,comfortseat (with armrest scould be nice but not necessary)/Göran

·
Registered
1991 300GE Cabrio
2 Posts
Göran,
If you want to buy a G from Europe, your best bet is Germany. Check the following websites:
www.mobile.de
www.autoscout24.de

Particularly the first one has a lot of cars. If you ever want a rare car, check mobile.de

I would also advice you to buy the LWB. My kid gets sick in the back after about 30 minutes of driving (on the road).

BTW, do you know how easy/difficult it is to import a 1991 300GE (mine) into the US?

Good luck,

Michael.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Verkerke - 3/24/2005 10:41 AM

BTW, do you know how easy/difficult it is to import a 1991 300GE (mine) into the US?

Good luck,

Michael.
Not too difficult, but expensive - very expensive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts