Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, can we tint the front windows of an ML? I mean, I'm in LA and supposedly it's illegal although I've seen a ton of cars with dark windows on the front. Would they give me a ticket every time they see me? Also do you know any good place that can tint the front windows to match the rest?

·
Registered
'10 Mbz S550, '03 Mbz C240, '03 Audi A4 2.0 Stroker, '08 Lexus SC430 PB Edition, '07 Prius
643 Posts
I also live in LA and it is very illegal, you can't tint the front side windows, or the windshield. I have seen many of them tinted, but it usually draws attention from cops and they give you a big ticket.[:0]

·
Registered
Honda Odyssey Touring 2006 ML350 (GONE) 2006 E350 4MATIC (love it)
570 Posts
thinkman - 4/12/2006 7:52 PM

I also live in LA and it is very illegal, you can't tint the front side windows, or the windshield. I have seen many of them tinted, but it usually draws attention from cops and they give you a big ticket.[:0]
Movie Star=no ticket

·
Registered
'06 ML350
284 Posts
Fiorucci 2006 - 4/11/2006 5:17 PM

Hi, can we tint the front windows of an ML? I mean, I'm in LA and supposedly it's illegal although I've seen a ton of cars with dark windows on the front. Would they give me a ticket every time they see me? Also do you know any good place that can tint the front windows to match the rest?
Quoting the CHP:

Illegal...
#Tinting the front side windows and the windshield (except for a narrow band at the top of the windshield). Windows behind the driver's head may be tinted. If rear window is tinted, right-side mirror is required (26708 VC).
I think you can have a medical condition (movie star?) that allows you to tint the front windows...

Something else that caught my eye:

Illegal...
# Blue and yellow headlights. Headlights must be white - blue and yellow are illegal (24011 VC). Look for the DOT symbol on the bulb and package.
# Headlights brighter or higher wattage than those from the factory. You may be able to see better, but the lights are illegal (24011 VC).
http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts