Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i were to lower my C-Coupe what will that do to my warranty...If i use eibach springs would be any different bc they are the springs that AMG uses

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Warranttees can be fickled but technically if it goes to Lemon law arbitration or court the burden of proof is on MB to prove that your modification caused their part to fail. For example if the radio broke there's a slim chance that the springs caused your radio to break. If you can't align your car or there's excessive bushing wear or your wheels rub against the car when at turns or your oil pan is leaking because you keep banging it into speed bumps because of your modification then that's a direct result of your change and MB would be within their rights to decline coverage. I've never had a dealer decline warrantte coverage even when I told them I modified the car because they get paid to fix the problem so it's in their best interest to do it for money and customer satisfaction. I've even talked to a guy that put NO2 in his Toyota, blew the motor and took off the NO2 kit and they covered it. Most of the time you can reverse the mod and take it in for the repair and then put it back on. So the short answer is I would go for it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts