Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 S350, 06 E320CDI
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1994 S350. I printed out the options from the Russian Benz web site and supposedly the car has an installation kit for Becker AT400 car phone with 2 sets. The car does not have a phone, but is there a way to see if the wiring is there to be able to install it? Where whould this be? I can't see it in the armrest compartment or the top storage compartment on the dash, but I have not taken anything apart.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
The prewire in the early US cars accomidated OKI and Motorola ANALOG phones. I dont think you can hook up anything. There is a connector in drivers side wheel well, and it needed an adaptor cable from whatever phone was installed. The other end of the cable ends up behind the eyeglass bin, where the the control unit was installed after cutting holes in the back of it and routing the cable(s) in and installing the mount. there also is a second cable that is plugged into the control which ends up under the glove compartment bin which the handset would have been attached to. There is also a wire in the fender well that would have powered the two outboard speakers on the dash for CTEL. I cant help on the Becker info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts