Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many inches (approximate) would taking out the spring pad or rubber shim lower a 1999 clk430? just wondering... and has anyone cut their stock springs in here? thanks [^]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...so cutting springs is out of the question...

what about the spring pad? if i take that out, how much would it lower the car by? and... are intrax springs any good? i called wholesale hyperformance and they sell them for $251.30 and the guy said it should lower the car by about 2"...

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
One of the guys here did it and it eliminated his gap

I ended up cutting a small part of my H&R springs to eliminate my gap though. My suspension guy felt that removing the spring pad would give some heavier road noise. So, I opted for slight cutting.

Mark

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
springs pad #1

how much are the spring pad #1's from the dealer anyway?

mark- i like the way u lowered your car. so what did u do again? bought those h&r springs and cut them a lil bit? i might do something like that too, hows the handling and the road noises? i'm planning to upgrade to 19's in a few months but for now im sticking to the stock 17" amg's... u think the car would still look good if its lowered with the 17's on? thanks for your advice man... i really appreciate it... you car's off the hook [^]

·
Registered
-06' CLS500 Lorinser-08'-MC Design Whips Project SL -06' Land Rover-
419 Posts
Lowering springs

I once had to drive the car lowered with my AMG's and it didn't look that bad. Always better with 19's though. I have no road noise but the 19's give you more feel that the 17's because of the rubber bands for tires. As far as handling, any Mercedes has the subtle roll in terms of steering. I would definitely recommend a camber and caster alignment since my rears bowed in when I put the 19x10's in the back.

Mark[|)]

·
Registered
CLK430
38 Posts
Re:lowering

Im doing the same set up...i just had the H&R springs, bilstein shocks put on mine and i definitly like the more aggressive look. ive also purchased 19in carlsson 2/5's which im putting on closer to the spring. if i get a chance. ill take some pics of my car lowered with slock 17in AMG's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts