Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK430
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local MB dealership today to buy some spring pads and they told me the lowest that i can put on my CLK430 front are 9mm? but a couple of people told me i could put as low as 5mm ..... and that the dealership sales it but if for the SLK320. I have eibach spring but perfer it being lower. So I'm wondering can i go with the 5mm for the SLK and put on my CLK?? or is the lowest i can get in the front (to be safe) 9mm??
Does anyone know the factory length of the pads??

I notices they have the 5mm for the back of the CLK but i have some subs back there so i wont need them.

thanks

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK430
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hey Linh ... how's the ride with the 5mm in the front? since i have a sub in the truck s...

hey Linh ... how's the ride with the 5mm in the front? since i have a sub in the truck should i go with 9mm in the back?

thanks

·
Registered
CLK430
665 Posts
Linh, I have the sub and amp in my trunk, remember? I think my rear pad is 3, which is 13mm (more)

Each pad size is separated by 4mm. So, with Pad #1 = 5mm as starting point, each increment is 4mm.

·
Registered
Mercedes CLK430
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Linh what size wheels you have on ur CLK? and what kinda springs you have on? I jsut...

Hey Linh what size wheels you have on ur CLK? and what kinda springs you have on? I jsut brought the SLK320 5mm pads so it replaces the factory one perfectly in the front with no mods?

[:)][:)][:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts