Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I'm new to the forum (and this will be my first MB purchase) so I'm happy to be here.

I tried to run a search on this forum for my topic, but the search function did not appear to be working. I decided to post this question instead.

I'm thinking about purchasing a new vehicle through the MB diplomatic sales program. I am curious to know if I may be able to delete any number of options in an effort to get rid of the unneccessary items which I don't want in order to drive the price down. As I would be taking delivery of the vehicle in Germany, I thought that I would explore any opportunities to customize the car.

Does anyone know if MB does this? I thought that they did many years ago, but now I'm not sure.

I appreciate any help you might be able to share! [:)]

·
Registered
04'E55; 02' 911Turbo
75 Posts
Usually standard options are just that, standard.Depending on the model of car you a...

Usually standard options are just that, standard.

Depending on the model of car you are getting and the amount of money you are putting down, they may or may not be willing to adjust your order.

Aside from that, it's kinda like getting a burger at McDonalds. Even if you don't want pickels, you're kind of stuck with them. You have to remember, this isn't a Maybach we're talking about.

May I ask which model car you are interested in buying?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Usually standard options are just that, standard.Depending on the model of car you a...

Usually standard options are just that, standard.... May I ask which model car you are interested in buying?
The G500.

I'm sure that many on this Board are probably inclined to pass on this particular vehicle, BUT the fact is that I will be stationed in the Middle East for at least three years (so there is a pragmatic aspect to purchasing this big bruiser!)

Re-selling the vehicle and getting my money back will not be a problem, so I thought it would be fun to roam around the desert in something as stout and reliable as an MB product.

·
Registered
04'E55; 02' 911Turbo
75 Posts
get a hummer [;)]

actually, for the extra 30 large, it is probably worth it.. dependi...

get a hummer [;)]

actually, for the extra 30 large, it is probably worth it.. depending on what kind of conditions you anticipate going through of course.

Anyway, I don't know how MB works, but they may be willing to remove certain options and they may not be. What were the things you wanted removed? They'd probably be more adept to removing certain options over others.

·
Registered
2002 E320W4
242 Posts
you might want to consider getting a diesel model. it will do much better where you are ...

you might want to consider getting a diesel model. it will do much better where you are and the fuel range on a tank will do much better. diesels are very popular in europe and the middle east. just not in america. never have been able to figure that out.

the hummer is a diesel too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts