Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 R350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks! I posted this in the telematics threat, but got no response so I figured I'd ask here too.

I am the proud new owner of a CPO 2008 R350 and I have been reading about possible upgrades to the NAV system.

I have the P2 package and I was wondering if I can get the bird's eye view from my NAV? If so, how? What do I have to ask for from the dealer? (And I'm NOT looking to upgrade hardware at this point.) If it is just a firmware flash, is there an (easy) way to determine what my firmware version is?

Lastly, can I get the real-time traffic? There is some chatter about 2008 S classes having lifetime, but sometimes the R-series seems to be the unwanted stepchild of the MB line. But my wife and I LOVE it!

I've done a bunch of looking, but there is nothing that I can pinpoint. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
557 Posts
Your 2008 model has the DVD based COMAND system. What you see is what you get! There are no upgrades to firmware etc., Starting with the 2009 the NAV system is hard drive based and you get birds eye view. Even if you wanted to change Navigation Units I am pretty sure it is not possible to put the newer HD based COMAND unit in a 08 model or earlier...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts