Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a S550 from a non-MB dealer.
It has about 5 months left on the factory warranty.

My question:

Is it true that so long as your car is still under the factory warranty, MB will sell you a extended warranty?

Do you have to be the original owner also?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Mercedes-Benz S55 ///AMG, 2006 Mercedes-Benz E350
685 Posts
Number of owners does not matter, contact your local MB Dealer and ask for person who handles extended warranties. He/she might also quote you non-MB warranties which many owner have and are happy with, but I prefer extended warranty from MB.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2007 S550
243 Posts
I recently bought my certified 07 (from a dealer) after many years of driving a 1990 126. The car had less than 36k on the clock and was still under warranty for a year. All said, I bought an extended warranty from the dealer, expensive but well worth it. Especially after the money I put in the 126.

·
Registered
2008 S550 4matic
50 Posts
The short answer is yes. I bought an S550 with 9,100 miles on it and it has close to 2 years of warranty remaining. In the brochure it states that MB extended warranties can be purchased PRIOR to the end of the ORIGINAL manufacture warranty. I confirmed it with the dealer as I was taking delivery of the car today. You can not buy an extended warranty if you are in a CPO warranty period.

On another note - I have had extended warranties on my previous 2 MB thru AAA (Automobile Association of America). I had bought 4 years or 100K miles and on my 2005 S the cost was $2900. That being said they haggle over the cost of parts and labor rates.... On my last S I replaced the suspension compressor (and some other parts) - total cost was $2200. After the dealer ate some costs (the warranty company wouldn't budge and my out of pocket would have been $600) I owed $227. Read the fine print carefully if you go that route and push back. There were some things they didn't want to cover and I pointed them to their contract language and they took the cost. This time around I'll stick with MB even though they are more expensive. I'm hoping it will be haggle free and they really "cover everything" as a salesman told me. If anyone has experience with MB warranties please let us know of your exprience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
MB Factory Extended Warranty

My 2c:

You should try calling Rich Carslon at Mercedes Benz of Georgetown (Texas) @ 512-930-6155. I just got a MB Factory Extended warranty from him, cheapest one I could find out of 10+ dealers I called. I live in the Dallas area and even tried dealers out of state since I got a great deal on my wife's Lexus warranty from a dealer in Kansas.

I have a 2007 S65 AMG, the list price on the warranty for 7 yr 75K miles is $3850, most dealers were quoting me that plus 15% surcharge since it was not purchased within 30 days of being new and since I am not the original owner of the vehicle. I had quotes ranging from $3850-4850 but Rich got me it for $3000. Being that its a $200k vehicle I think its a bargain, plus its not an aftermarket warranty so I dont have to worry about it being a scam!

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
you can buy an mb extended limited warranty up until there is 1 mile or 1 day left on the factory warranty. there is a 15% surcharge because the warranty is purchased after 30 days of original retail date (this does not vary by dealer; it is mandated by mercedes) should run in the 4k-5k range plus tax. 3rd party warranties will cost close to 7k. any other questions pm me, i work in f&i at a benz store

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
My 2c:

You should try calling Rich Carslon at Mercedes Benz of Georgetown (Texas) @ 512-930-6155. I just got a MB Factory Extended warranty from him, cheapest one I could find out of 10+ dealers I called. I live in the Dallas area and even tried dealers out of state since I got a great deal on my wife's Lexus warranty from a dealer in Kansas.

I have a 2007 S65 AMG, the list price on the warranty for 7 yr 75K miles is $3850, most dealers were quoting me that plus 15% surcharge since it was not purchased within 30 days of being new and since I am not the original owner of the vehicle. I had quotes ranging from $3850-4850 but Rich got me it for $3000. Being that its a $200k vehicle I think its a bargain, plus its not an aftermarket warranty so I dont have to worry about it being a scam!
almost sounds too good to be true. did he provide you with the application coverage booklet? it has your name, vin, details of warranty? can only be put into netstar and will be attached to cars vmi

·
Registered
6 Posts
you can buy an mb extended limited warranty up until there is 1 mile or 1 day left on the factory warranty. there is a 15% surcharge because the warranty is purchased after 30 days of original retail date (this does not vary by dealer; it is mandated by mercedes) should run in the 4k-5k range plus tax. 3rd party warranties will cost close to 7k. any other questions pm me, i work in f&i at a benz store
I just purchased today a used 2008 S550 with 23,000 miles (original new purchase date was November 2007 ) from a MB dealer, it is still under factory warranty, and I got an additional MB extended one year or 100,000 miles warranty that kicks in after the factory warranty ends. I also wanted to purchase another additional two years or 135,00 extended MB extended warranty that should kick in after the first extended warranty ends - but the MB dealer price was higher then what another MB dealer is offering me. So I signed and declined the additional two extended warranty at this first dealer, because the other MB dealer told me that I could come in next week to them and purchase the two year at the lower cost, and I would not be charged a surcharge because my purchase is under 30 days.

My question is: Am I on the right path declining the additional two year MB warranty from the MB dealer I purchased from, with the plan to buy it for less at the other MB dealer (within 30 days), without incurring the surcharges.

Is there any potential issue that I won't be able the purchase this two year extended MB warranty from the other MB, given that I signed and declined it from the dealer I purchased from today.

Please advise. Many thanks.

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
I just purchased today a used 2008 S550 with 23,000 miles (original new purchase date was November 2007 ) from a MB dealer, it is still under factory warranty, and I got an additional MB extended one year or 100,000 miles warranty that kicks in after the factory warranty ends. I also wanted to purchase another additional two years or 135,00 extended MB extended warranty that should kick in after the first extended warranty ends - but the MB dealer price was higher then what another MB dealer is offering me. So I signed and declined the additional two extended warranty at this first dealer, because the other MB dealer told me that I could come in next week to them and purchase the two year at the lower cost, and I would not be charged a surcharge because my purchase is under 30 days.

My question is: Am I on the right path declining the additional two year MB warranty from the MB dealer I purchased from, with the plan to buy it for less at the other MB dealer (within 30 days), without incurring the surcharges.

Is there any potential issue that I won't be able the purchase this two year extended MB warranty from the other MB, given that I signed and declined it from the dealer I purchased from today.

Please advise. Many thanks.
There will be no issues with buying the mb cpo warranty from another dealer. However, when you go to purchase it make sure the F&I person goes into netstar and adds the warranty to your car (You'll need the last 7 digits of your VIN). They should be able to print out a "mb cpo elw application for coverage" it is a book that describes the entire warranty; what's covered and what isn't. It also will list you as the owner on the front and details the warranty coverage period. Just out of curiousity what are they charging you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There will be no issues with buying the mb cpo warranty from another dealer. However, when you go to purchase it make sure the F&I person goes into netstar and adds the warranty to your car (You'll need the last 7 digits of your VIN). They should be able to print out a "mb cpo elw application for coverage" it is a book that describes the entire warranty; what's covered and what isn't. It also will list you as the owner on the front and details the warranty coverage period. Just out of curiosity what are they charging you?
Thanks for your response - appreciate it. Regarding the cost, the other MB dealer said the best they could do was $3500.00.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sure thing. That's a great price!
BTW, I am picking up my car tomorrow. Do you know what additional items such, as specific manuals, extra keys, title... etc need to be handed over ?. Also, I was told that the Navi Maps should have been updated with the latest maps in order to pass for certification. Is there way, I can check which version or date the Maps reflect as an update ? and what about future Map updates, how do I go about getting these.

Thanks
cammot

·
Registered
2014 E350W4
125 Posts
BTW, I am picking up my car tomorrow. Do you know what additional items such, as specific manuals, extra keys, title... etc need to be handed over ?. Also, I was told that the Navi Maps should have been updated with the latest maps in order to pass for certification. Is there way, I can check which version or date the Maps reflect as an update ? and what about future Map updates, how do I go about getting these.

Thanks
cammot
You should get two sets of keys, books and manuals for the car. they will provide you with a mb cpo service book that details about when to get the car serviced etc. they will fill in dates of coverage and sign. if you paid cash, expect the title afterwords. (Now every state is different when it comes to car title work, I work in PA) If you financed you wont get the title until the loan is paid off. i am not sure if navi maps have to be updated to pass cpo, most of the newer cars need hooked up to the computer equipment and have the update downloaded. older ones need a disc that you could buy. either way, ask and try to get it included in the deal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts