Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that if you install an led where in an normal light socket it will tell the computer that you have a bulb out due to the lower power consumption.

my question is, what if you are drawing more power, will it give you any errors?

i want to wire in some led lights to my parking light wires, which will increase the power consumption of that circuit to about 10w instead of the normal 6w. any ideas?

·
Registered
02 clk 55 cabriolet
550 Posts
No error with added load but the risk you play is overheating the circut. Im sure the wires will be fine but with full load (headlights etc) you may be heading for a problem with the switch. You may not also but the sure way to avoid an issue is to use a relay for the new lights then the draw will be of no concern.

·
Registered
2002 CLK 430
191 Posts
Just install LED's of the proper size which are CANBUS compliant/included. This will alleviate any errors detected by the system and make sure the system doesn't give you and errors.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im installing a 1w led in a normal 6w bulb location. however i have some led daytime running lights to install as well which are 9w. i want to put these in the same circuit to avoid getting the bulb out error. im sure the circuit will be able to handle the load.

if i dont wire them into the existing circuit then i will have to use a relay or some other device to tell the lights to turn on when the switch is in the correct position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts