Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK320, silver
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here (although soon on my 3rd SLK), and I'm a bit confused about the "Entertainmant Package" option.

In the brochure and on the website it is described as including a COMAND head unit, but on my order confirmation (for European Delivery) it says "Standard Radio" (plus the CD changer and HK audio).

My dealer was unable to confirm with certainty that COMAND is included because they never saw one with only the Entertainment package (they always have Nav, too, which I don't really need).

Has anyone had an SLK delivered with EP only, and can you confirm that it includes the COMAND head unit?

Thanks in advance
Werner

SLK320, Silver
Soon SLK350, Orion Blue

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
mozart41 - 4/4/2005 4:09 PM

Hi,

I'm new here (although soon on my 3rd SLK), and I'm a bit confused about the "Entertainmant Package" option.

In the brochure and on the website it is described as including a COMAND head unit, but on my order confirmation (for European Delivery) it says "Standard Radio" (plus the CD changer and HK audio).

My dealer was unable to confirm with certainty that COMAND is included because they never saw one with only the Entertainment package (they always have Nav, too, which I don't really need).

Has anyone had an SLK delivered with EP only, and can you confirm that it includes the COMAND head unit?

Thanks in advance
Werner

SLK320, Silver
Soon SLK350, Orion Blue
At least in the USA, the Entertainment Package includes COMAND.This is from the MBUSA site.

420 Entertainment Package details $1,600.00

· Standard Radio
· harman/kardon Sound System
· 6-Disc CD Changer (Factory installed)

420 Entertainment Package
What could be more in tune with the times than your favorite music? The harman/kardon Logic7 premium sound system specially designed for the SLK-Class "listens" to the sound in the cabin and compensates for unwanted noise automatically.

Its 11 speaker, 380 watt system includes dual surround speakers and a subwoofer. The system features multichannel digital surround-sound technology developed for the professional recording industry, to provide a natural and realistic sound stage. Digital Dynamic Volume Control helps preserve the sound balance under all driving conditions.

An integrated single-feed 6 disk CD changer fits neatly into your glove box and enables you to listen to your favorite CDs on this premium entertainment system. Finally, a large color-LCD screen on the COMAND system provides crisp, clear displays for the radio and CD changer.

The Entertainment package with Navi is extra.

P.S. It would help if you would put your location in your profile.

[

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
I bought mine in Europe which is where I am living for now, I have a 350 SLK with the Audio 20 package, no changer, just your single CD Changer slot and that was an extra option. I would hate to find out what the standard system looks or sounds like and I strongly advise against it! I would have certainly stepprd up to an Audio 50 or Command, but the colors they had did not suit me.

Thank you.

·
Registered
SLK320, silver
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your replies - looks like I'm good, and COMAND is included.

I did show the website and brochure to my salesperson, but he pointed to the disclaimers and said that only what's on the order confirmation is valid.

I've also upgraded my profile - I'm in the Seattle area (Bellevue, WA).

Again, thanks
Werner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts