Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 200
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a newbie to this forum and wish to seek your opinion about upgrading the exhaust manifold of my SLK 200. Does it really give a significant improvement ? I was actually keen to purchase the exhaust manifold that includes the extractor as well as the complete catalyic converters from VAETH.

http://www.vaeth.com/pages/slk/r171/slkexhaust.php

Care to share your advise ? [:D]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
You'll get the biggest improvement in power by replacing the pulley (due to the supercharger present in the SLK 200).

I had a complete Brabus exhaust system in my SLK 230, and I got 6 extra HP's... It's not really that much, but it was more for the looks anyway.

·
Registered
spåhonsåÿo
208 Posts
Hello jasperatkin.
About your question of upgrading exhaust manifold to a SLK200K. Vaeth promise 8% power increase. 8% to 163hp is +13hp=176hp. To a car weight of 1390kg that is to go from 8.5kg/hp to 7.9kg/hp. 0-60mhp can theoretical be reduced from 8.3secs to 7.7secs. I don't know how much different the car feels after such modification, but an upgrade of manifold and/or exhaust system is always useful if you are planning to do more engine tuning later. If you are doing a chip tuning and installing a pulley kit, the 8% could be as much as +17hp. I do believe that your car after upgrading of the exhaust system/manifold will have much better sound and therefor give you better pleasure driving it.
/Bengt
[:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts