Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if i can replace all 4 wheels on my CLK with a 17"x7.5". instead of the different types (17x7.5 front and 17x8.5 or whatever for the rear)<br>would having the same wheel size affect the suspension or smoothness of the ride.<br>Am also planning on using low profile tires.<br>Any input into this matter, will be greatly appreciated.<br>thanx in advance<br>DOC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes, you can put the AMG 17x7.5 wheels on both front and rear on any CLK and this is a configuration approved by Mercedes-Benz.<p>There are two advantages of having 17x7.5s on all 4 wheels. First, you can rotate tires front to rear. Second, the handling is more balanced because wider rear tires promote understeer. The narrower wheels/tires are also a bit cheaper, but only $100 or so for the whole set.<p>There are 4 different types of AMG wheels in size 17x7.5 that will work on a CLK. The link below shows them on the CLK. I like the new Styling III, all of the Monoblock styles are about the same price ($300 per wheel), but the Multipiece styles are twice as expensive as the Monoblocks. For good prices on AMG wheels, check out http://www.autoclass.net<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Question about CLK430 AMG wheels!!!(thanx Brian)

: I appreciate the input.<br>I have some 17"x7.5 chrome wheels that am using but the are not AMG, they are (DT109) from DETATA wheels. I really don't care much for AMG wheels.<br>DOC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they're not AMG...

then just make sure the offsets are correct. The AMG wheels are 7.5Jx17ET37 or 7.5Jx17ET35. I think you can get by with offsets between 31mm and 40mm without modifications, but you still need to go with 225 tires to prevent rubbing.<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do i buy amg stuff?

I can never find a contact number to buy AMG equipment. Does anyone know where i can find an AMG site that sells online? Or do we just contact Mercedes? <p>Also, does anyone have problems with their clk making squeaky noises in the rear seat or some parts of the car? Initially i thought it was b/c the car was new but its getting annoying now. The squeaks have gotten considerably less but i still hear minor squeaks after 6000 miles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: How do i buy amg stuff?

AMG Stuff can be bought from<p>www.AutoClass.net<br>www.Performances.com<p>The squeaks, bring to the dealer. They should fix it under warranty. I had the same squeaks in the front seats.<p>Frank<p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts