Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ML430, 2000, Silver
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I bought new style halogon headlight(not xenon) for my 2000 ML430. Can I install aftermarket xenon kit on my headlight?

If I can, What is you guys recommandation?(website, brand name of the kit and so on)

Other question is about the height of light from headlights. My left light is a little bit higher that my right light. Can I ajust it?

·
Registered
ML430, 2000, Silver
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
IF you guys neet to install signal mirror cover and rear spoiler with led, which place is better between benz dealer and any bodyshops?

·
Registered
ML430, 2000, Silver
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about these HID kits?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7964199125&category=36476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3698&item=5181157808&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,156 Posts
Recently I bought new style halogon headlight(not xenon) for my 2000 ML430. Can I install aftermarket xenon kit on my headlight? If I can, What is you guys recommandation?(website, brand name of the kit and so on) Other question is about the height of light from headlights. My left light is a little bit higher that my right light. Can I ajust it?
I believe the beam pattern for the halogen projectors and the xenon projectors is the same, so you could buy one of those aftermarket kits that includes the bulbs on the appropriate socket mounts and the igniter/ballast. There has been some discussion mentioning that the xenon bulbs are longer than the halogens, so the focal point might not be correct, but really all it will affect is the “hot spot�. Not only that, I believe some of the aftermarket bulb mounts are often modified to fit at or near the correct depth.

My advice would be to resell your halogens and invest in a set of bi-xenons. Your total outlay would probably not be much more than the halogens plus the aftermarket kit, plus you’ll get the benefit of xenon lighting on the high-beams, plus it will be perfectly legal.

As for the adjustment, there are three points of adjustment. Look for the white Philips head adjusting screws.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
ML430, 2000, Silver
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where is three points? In the back side of light?
I can't see anything..

·
Registered
ML430, 2000, Silver
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, Where is the low beam bulb?

there is 2 sockets in the leftside of back of headlight. the upper one?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,156 Posts
Look here:

www . cars . engi soft . net/Instructions/ENG691.asp

(NOTE: Remove the spaces)

- RODNEY

1 - 8 of 8 Posts