Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promise that I used the search function and read many threads before asking these questions.

I recently acquired some AMG monoblock wheels for my 1998 SL500. Unfortunately, I did not look closely at the specs and the "set" included 2 wheels that are 8Jx18 ET 31 (which I believe are correct for my front wheels) and 2 wheels that are 8.5Jx18 ET 47 (which appear to be front wheels for a Mercedes sedan).

I read through the "what wheels fit the R129 series" and could not find the answer to the following questions:

1. Would the 8.5Jx18 ET47 wheels fit on the rear of my SL?

2. Is there a reason to not use these on the rear of my SL?

I figure the right answer is to find the proper rear wheels, but thought I would check with all of you first.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't see a reason why they wouldn't fit on your R129. I have definitely seen those sizes on Monoblock 2's on R129s before.
As long as the hub spec and offset is correct, they will fit.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I promise that I used the search function and read many threads before asking these questions.

I recently acquired some AMG monoblock wheels for my 1998 SL500. Unfortunately, I did not look closely at the specs and the "set" included 2 wheels that are 8Jx18 ET 31 (which I believe are correct for my front wheels) and 2 wheels that are 8.5Jx18 ET 47 (which appear to be front wheels for a Mercedes sedan).

I read through the "what wheels fit the R129 series" and could not find the answer to the following questions:

1. Would the 8.5Jx18 ET47 wheels fit on the rear of my SL?

2. Is there a reason to not use these on the rear of my SL?

I figure the right answer is to find the proper rear wheels, but thought I would check with all of you first.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
The original AMG monoblock 1 rims and tire size for a staggered set for the r129, in which are becoming really hard to find now are:
245/40/18 Front and 275/35/18 Rear
8.5Jx18 front and 9.5Jx18 rear
ET25 front & ET23 rear
with a 5x112 mm lug pattern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does this mean that I could use 5mm spacers up front and 20mm spacers in the rear to get these wheels in alignment for my SL? Thanks in advance for the help.

The original AMG monoblock 1 rims and tire size for a staggered set for the r129, in which are becoming really hard to find now are:
245/40/18 Front and 275/35/18 Rear
8.5Jx18 front and 9.5Jx18 rear
ET25 front & ET23 rear
with a 5x112 mm lug pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts