Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know what a stock 1999 clk 320 does in the quarter mile? and i just got 2 12'' subwoofers that weight about 50-65 pounds, do you think that will slow my car down?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think we're about ~15.3 somewhere around there. Extra pounds will most likely always effect performance. I guess you could pull out your spare during the run for a little bit faster time if its noticeable at all

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are some good upgrades i can do to my 320? is there any advantages of having a 320 over a 430?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm not sure what is a good brand but i've seen some people with SpeedTuning USA chips and it says on their site they start at $249.

As for chipping a 320 with exhaust I dont think the gain will be all that noticeable with a chip, and the exhaust is basically just the muffler so its no difference besides it sounding throatier. I would get the Evo Sport underdrive pulleys which offer ~12-15 to the wheels. But I dunno, imo its not worth tuning a 320 for the amount of hp you get.

·
Registered
210 Posts
i want to put a chip intake and exhaust on it. how much hp would those add??
honestly, i wouldnt worry about it on a 320... I havent tried anything HP wise on my 430...

but in all honesty, i dont see these cars as even being considered "quarter mile" cars or in the same sentence.

Dont get me wrong, i love my CLK... but for what it is ;)

if your looking for HP mods and quarter miles and stuff... I'd say go with an Evo or a Suzuki... or something "smaller" than a benz...

unless you got an AMG

·
Registered
210 Posts
i just dont have the money to get a different car. you know what i meen?
well, invest a little bit in some of the small modifications ( you can find many of them in these threads)

look into mods for the appearance....

... you'll definitely feel much better about your car.

As far as "sporting" it... just feel good about your ride. they're known for how smooth they ride, the quality, CLK enthusiasts love every curve of it's body.... Add a body kit to it ( the 320s desperately need this in my opinion)

trust me... the car will grow on ya quickly. and you just have to pick and choose what you want (or what you can afford) and when you want.
"Get it Now or get more later"

good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
iv had this car for about 13 months and im just getting sick of it cause its not fast enough. i just really want a 55 but dont have the money..

·
Registered
216 Posts
Either run a F/I system or leave it alone. You won't find any gains on a budget...on the other hand if you had a V8 it'll be a different story.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The best you can do for your 320 is have the ECU tuned. I got a noticable increase(feel) i acceleration and mileage. I never did dyno the car. There is no such thing as an chip that you buy per se. Well, I suppose there is but you wouldn't want to do that because it would cost you about $2k and all you would be doing is replacing the existing one with one that's been tuned up. Basically the Electronic Control Unit/computer is remapped or re programmed to maximize the cars performance. You have to remove it/the computer/ECU from the car or take it to whomever and they will do it for you. SpeedTuning, INMotion and Powerchip are the three major ones that I am aware of. If you check each website you should be able to see what the increases are in horsepower and torque and cost. Powerchip claims the biggest increase in horsepower but also the biggest cost. After that I put in a K&N air filter. No idea if there is any increase that is measurable. You could do an underdrive pulley kit from Evosport. Don't know what the increases would be for that. And lastly you could put a complete Eisenmann race exhaust for big bucks but you won't get much increase there, at least not one that is measureable. I take that back: everything is measureable if you want to put in on a dyno each time you make a change. No, last but not least would be $15-$20K to supercharge the car by Eisenmann. Not worth it. You will never get even half back when you sell it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts