Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Dear Members,
I recently bumped into bad potholes while I am taking highway 15, coming from Boul St Laurent.
Sadly, my front right rim is cracked, now I replaced with a used one. One of the mechanics told me, my left shock is finished and needs to be replaced including the coils. Price comes around $249 for the shock and $62 for the coil.
The Same mechanic changed the rim. I also let him change all the tyres with summer one as it's about the right time to do. When everything was done, back home I realized something is different. I noticed one of the tyre's radial tread sign/mark " Inside" is flipped outside which seems wrong as the rest of the tyres are "outside". I also noticed the front left wheel is having a bad negative camber. Anyway, I let him change the tyre back to normal mode. I have been told alignment seems necessary to correct such issues. Kindly suggest me where is the best place to go to fix all of these. one friend suggested Auto Metz Laval. My car is B200 turbo. 2007.
Help/suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well in my case I got better result from Eurowa for my issue. (I checked a few places prior and even a dealer, they provided the best action plan)
They also struggled and they tried a few things and in the end they worked with technical support with Mercedes and they figured the issue was the ECU, but it did not require to change it but rather reload the firmware.
Since than it has been perfect. They did not charge me for any items that tried for solving the issue that did not work.
I am sure in most cases a dealership would have gone the easy route and just changed the ECU to charge the client even more $$$$$$$$$$$$$.
They even called me after several weeks to follow up if things were still good. That is what I call good service. Being myself in the technical field it is good to still see people take pride in their field and their work

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Eastern Transmissions for all your conductor plate needs. It's in the middle of nowhere on Henri-Bourassa just off the 13.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Eastern Transmissions for all your conductor plate needs. It's in the middle of nowhere on Henri-Bourassa just off the 13.
i too have a ml320 with the 722.9 once in a while(every 3 months) it with go into limp mode due to an implausible tubine sensor signal which means an impending conductor plate issue where you able to have yours repaired (no coding or programing) did you replace or buy the plate and do the work yourself and if so how much?
Thanks Dan

·
Registered
605 Posts
i too have a ml320 with the 722.9 once in a while(every 3 months) it with go into limp mode due to an implausible tubine sensor signal which means an impending conductor plate issue where you able to have yours repaired (no coding or programing) did you replace or buy the plate and do the work yourself and if so how much?
Thanks Dan
Hey,
Not sure which year is your ML320 , but most of them have the 722.6 (5G-tronic). Are you sure you have a 7G-tronic?

I have an extra conductor plate for the 722.6 5 speed , never used , in its bag, ready for sale.

If anyone is interested I can make a better price than what's online

I can ship it where necessary, but i'm located in Montreal if you need it locally

Ciao

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey,
Not sure which year is your ML320 , but most of them have the 722.6 (5G-tronic). Are you sure you have a 7G-tronic?

I have an extra conductor plate for the 722.6 5 speed , never used , in its bag, ready for sale.

If anyone is interested I can make a better price than what's online

I can ship it where necessary, but i'm located in Montreal if you need it locally

Ciao
2007 ml320 diesel definitely 7G. my e350 has the 5g (never an issue).
they are starting to offer 7G plates jobber but still $500.+ . it only registers a code every 3 months or so . ill let it go for now.
thanks for taking the time to respond.

·
Registered
605 Posts
oh Sorry I couldn'T help. The conductor plate I have is an original Mercedes-Benz part 140 270 1161 .. I'm letting it go for 150$ CAD

Good luck with yours

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
All second gen MLs have a 7G. You can't DIY the conductor plate because it needs to be reprogrammed by STAR. Eastern Transmissions did it in a day, total was around 1k$. They also flushed the transmission and replaced the filter. Awesome service.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts
About this Discussion
69 Replies
54 Participants
eco nomist
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing