Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear my MB fellows

Please let me know about the safety of c-coupe.
When I check the crash test results, C-CLASS sedan is the best among all of the other luxury cars but I can not find out the results of c-coupe.
(I heard that c-coupe don't share many parts with sedan and that's why results of safety would be different. I strongly hope c-coupe is same as sedan in safety.)
Frankly speaking, it is very difficulty for me to decide between c-coupe and BMW 325i. Safety and customer service are very important criteria for my decision. For customer service, I can take into consideration of J.D.POWER customer service satisfaction results. (But, I still don't know why MB is ranked below average.)
If you give me a information about my concern in safety of c-coupe, it will be great help for my wise decision.

Thanks

WRX 2002

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Safety

The coupe has different external body panels, but otherwise is exactly the same as the sedans. All the crash structures and safety features are the same. One poster on another forum was stopped when struck from the rear by an oil tank truck which was going 40 mph. He suffered very minor whiplash injuries. Another person fell asleep while driving and struck a steel barrier at a "T" intersection. The car was destroyed, but his only injury was a small minor burn from the hot gases escaping from the airbags.

Customer service will depend on the dealer. As far as reliability, MB has been slipping in this department, although I have had my coupe for a year and have had no problems other than a rattle in the passenger headrest.

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
In this class of car, you should be able to take the safety and build quality issues for granted as crumple zone design, side head air bag protection, German assembly and other safety features (e.g., ABS, MB's ESP and SOS) apply to both cars.

You can simply drive and go with your desires and feelings about quality and various intangibles that are important to you, including the quality of local service. In general, the 325 is more comparable with the C240 than the C-Coupe. However, the C is a fresher design.

The C-coupe was designed to appeal even more to youthful drivers than either 325 or the C240, e.g., more like Lexus' new IS300 coupe (and probaby some convertibles too because of the C-coupe's large roof opening option). Even so, I've seen on the streets and read on the web, many happy, older C-coupe owners, so the markets that these cars are positioned for are just generalities and many persons of all ages will find considerable value in the C-coupe.

Dear my MB fellows

Please let me know about the safety of c-coupe.
When I check the crash test results, C-CLASS sedan is the best among all of the other luxury cars but I can not find out the results of c-coupe.
(I heard that c-coupe don't share many parts with sedan and that's why results of safety would be different. I strongly hope c-coupe is same as sedan in safety.)
Frankly speaking, it is very difficulty for me to decide between c-coupe and BMW 325i. Safety and customer service are very important criteria for my decision. For customer service, I can take into consideration of J.D.POWER customer service satisfaction results. (But, I still don't know why MB is ranked below average.)
If you give me a information about my concern in safety of c-coupe, it will be great help for my wise decision.

Thanks

WRX 2002

1 - 3 of 3 Posts