Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 C300 thats right at 49,600 miles. I want to get it in for one last check up before my warranty is up. Can I simply call my dealer and tell them this, or will it be frowned upon? In other words, do I need to make up something thats wrong with the car to make it seem more legit, or is it ok to say I want to just have it looked at before my warranty expires?

TiA

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need a reason, they won't take in cars just for the sake of taking in a car. And if they did say bring it in just to appease you, there's always the chance that they will just let the car sit there for the day and tell you they found nothing wrong with it.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
If you have no known problems with the car, be prepared to pay for the inspection and any diagnostics that you request.

Faking a problem is not recommended, focus will only be on that area.

btw, why does your profile say (on your 1st post) 2005 C230 but no mention of the 200 C300?

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you have no known problems with the car, be prepared to pay for the inspection and any diagnostics that you request.

Faking a problem is not recommended, focus will only be on that area.

btw, why does your profile say (on your 1st post) 2005 C230 but no mention of the 200 C300?
Disagree. My dealer likes to get cars in at end of warranty for a look see which might generate a warranty repair order. No charge.

My 2008 just went through this in October.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Disagree. My dealer likes to get cars in at end of warranty for a look see which might generate a warranty repair order. No charge.

My 2008 just went through this in October.
Mine went through this too, with a real issue that needed to be fixed at tail end of warranty (sunroof stutter) , of course they looked for other warranty things to fix and service opportunities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts