Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...

Im just wondering whether it is worth of installing of 3m clear bra in white C300..

Ive heard one of my friend about...if color is WHITE then actually, clear bra is not quite worthy because the clear bra will be fade out to YELLOW...but other color will be OK...except in WHITE color.

Is it true???? :confused::confused:

Im ready to buy Clear bra with an installation..(specifically, about 30cm from the end of HOOD, Bumper and headlight and each door edges.)
How much should be?? (live in GTA)

First, thanks for you guys answers.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
1,021 Posts
Hi everyone...

Im just wondering whether it is worth of installing of 3m clear bra in white C300..

Ive heard one of my friend about...if color is WHITE then actually, clear bra is not quite worthy because the clear bra will be fade out to YELLOW...but other color will be OK...except in WHITE color.

Is it true???? :confused::confused:

Im ready to buy Clear bra with an installation..(specifically, about 30cm from the end of HOOD, Bumper and headlight and each door edges.)
How much should be?? (live in GTA)

First, thanks for you guys answers.
Get it. Don't cheap out. It's worth it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i got it on my hood, a bit of the fenders & the mirrors. I didnt get the bumper because it is the most expensive part to clear bra & I figure i'd just repaint the plastic bumper when that time comes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just had my clear bra done and i have a white C300.
the clearbra allow's UV to shine thru it so it fades the paint under it just like the rest of the paint over time, and is guaranteed not to yellow.

I did hood (portion) and a bit of fenders.
Also live in the GTA, PM me and I can recommend u to a place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would said it's worth it... Got it done on my white C300.

The only thing is it does show when in the cloudy day... (This is compare to the rest of the body and the protected hood). The color difference is Arctic white to slight pearl white..

·
Registered
2008 C350
168 Posts
I am interested as well. I had Alta Mere in Dallas quote me $780 to do the mirrors, hood and front. Sounds high to me though. I was thinking more like $400.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
1,021 Posts
Don't go cheap. There are tons of cheap kits out there that you will just end up ripping off in a few years and having another one applied...doubling the cost. I paid $1k for mine, but it was bumper, full hood, lights, fogs, mirrors, 1/3 fender. Lifetime warranty from yellowing, peeling, and cracking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't go cheap. There are tons of cheap kits out there that you will just end up ripping off in a few years and having another one applied...doubling the cost. I paid $1k for mine, but it was bumper, full hood, lights, fogs, mirrors, 1/3 fender. Lifetime warranty from yellowing, peeling, and cracking.
hey AZN what brand of the clear bra did you use?
thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts