Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey again guys.

Loading sill was getting very really scuffed up.

Saw that the 2006 ML had a loading sill protector, so I bought one from dealer and put it on today.

The loading sill for the 2006 is curvier and wider so I hade to do some trimming on the front edges (where the protector butts up against the rear entry lip).

Not a perfect fit but was pleasantly surpised by the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
How does it attach?

Looks nice.

Any other 06 accesories out there?

Hmmm...

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,555 Posts
That actually looks pretty nice. The rear bumper gets really beat up looking

on darker colors, especially black. I had to get the clear bra to protect mine from scratches. Darn, they already have the 06 parts available for retail???

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a straight stick on. You're right, darkmann might not look good on lighter colors.

Build your own feature is activated on MBUSA site. IPOD integration kit is $299 [}:)]

·
Registered
ML430/ SL500 SA
1,009 Posts
bocobod - 4/3/2005 10:11 PM

It's a straight stick on. You're right, darkmann might not look good on lighter colors.

Build your own feature is activated on MBUSA site. IPOD integration kit is $299 [}:)]
I will take a picture of my rear open from the same angle and photoshop in the protector from your pitcure for an example of what it looks like on silver...

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
I wonder if that would work on the older model year bumpers ?? How much was the piece ?? and do you have a part number ?? Thxs, it looks great !!

·
Registered
2007 ML350
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was $39 at the dealer. Not sure what the part number is...sorry. I just went to the parts window and asked for the '2006 ML loading sill protector' and they ordered for me.

Since it's easy to trim (I used kitchen scissors), I'm sure you can cut to fit easily.

Cheers [:)]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts