Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on a set of CEC wheels on my ML63 and had the car aligned and the car pulls HARD to the LEFT when braking. Basically if you brake slowly it will pull slowly to the left, if you slam on the brakes, it pulls hard to the left. Hard enough that it is unsafe/scary!

What can it be? I'm going to take the car back to wheel shop on Friday but have no clue what the cause can be but hope its something simply.

Also, with airmatic is their anything special needed to do an alignment? Just curious if the alignment can cause this problem...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Sounds like it was a bad alignment job. Not just anyone can work on a Mercedes. Especially one that has airmatic suspension. The shop that did your car does not know what they are doing. Take it to a specialized shop that knows how to work on a Mercedes. I know for the airmatics you have to replace some screws and things when aligning as the parts are one time use.

I had two Mercedes "aligned" at Wheel Works..I had to bring it back over 6 times for our S class and twice for my 190E. They couldnt align it. Finally got it right. So when your car is pulling left...the camber and caster is off. I would ask for my money back from those jokers and go to a Mercedes shop.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like it was a bad alignment job. Not just anyone can work on a Mercedes. Especially one that has airmatic suspension. The shop that did your car does not know what they are doing. Take it to a specialized shop that knows how to work on a Mercedes. I know for the airmatics you have to replace some screws and things when aligning as the parts are one time use.

I had two Mercedes "aligned" at Wheel Works..I had to bring it back over 6 times for our S class and twice for my 190E. They couldnt align it. Finally got it right. So when your car is pulling left...the camber and caster is off. I would ask for my money back from those jokers and go to a Mercedes shop.
Uhh ..

If the car is only pulling when the brakes are being applied, then you probably have a brake issue. More then likely the caliper is locking up, whether its from a stuck piston, or a brake line may be kinked on the right side. Have your brakes checked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts