Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie to the forums here!

I've recently decided to purchase a CLK 55 AMG coupe or a CLK 500 Cab. I talked to my dealership about ordering a new one in and they told me they don't make 05s anymore and I would have to get a 06 in september.

Are there any significant differences between the 05 and the 06 that I should consider before buying?

Also if I did go with an 05 which would basically be a car that's a year older. What kind of discount should I expect from the dealership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
where are you located? Location does play a factor in pricing, typically the west coast, texas, and florida are the most expensive for cars. For the 06, there will be a minor facelift only noticable by true fanatics. It is up to you, would you buy now and drive a car the whole summer or wait until september or later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ajbenzo - 5/10/2005 2:19 AM

where are you located? Location does play a factor in pricing, typically the west coast, texas, and florida are the most expensive for cars. For the 06, there will be a minor facelift only noticable by true fanatics. It is up to you, would you buy now and drive a car the whole summer or wait until september or later.
I'm in Vancouver Canada so west coast.

Also I'm looking at the AMG or 500 model, will there be any major changes except the minor facelift?

I really want to drive it for the summer but I'm a little concerned that my car will be a year old in 3 months.

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Hi SJ,

I am in Vancouver BC Canada too.
What dealer you go to? Burnaby??

I think it would be a good idea to get a 06 CLK rather than 05.

I don't think there are any significant differences between the 05 and the 06 in CLK class.

If you decided to get the 05 CLK,
the best time to buy is wait till MB has a Summer sale event, they usually have it every year.
I think you can get a at least $3000 discount on 05 CLK but the trade off is limited color and options selection.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey I went to the dealership on broadway, is there someone at boundary that you've dealt with personally that's a good sales?

From a value point of view would it be a bad idea to go for a 05'CLK 55, 3-4 months before the 06' come out? Like how much money am I looking to lose on the value of my 05' when the 06' come around?

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
I hate the dealership on West Broadway, stay away from there.
even though my office is just 1 block away from it. I still go to another MB dealership for sales and services.

West Broadway's sales team are not professional and they think they are doing you a big flavour by selling you a car.

Talk to Jackson (sales) at boundary and I am sure you will be happy about your purchase.

My personal experience from a value point of view, it is a bad idea to go for a 05'CLK 55 because 06 CLK55 will arrive in 3-4 month.
and the value of the 05' CLK 55 will go down about $10000.

Notice new 2005 CLK 55 cost $103330 and used 2003 CLK55 is $72800 retail.
so you can guess the 2004 CLK 55 is around $88000.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah I wish you had posted earliar, I actually went down to the dealership at Boundary and spoke to someone already, Timothy Yeon?

Anyhow the dealerships have been telling me the 06' CLK 55 won't be around until xmas or even February.

The dealership on Boundary however were willing to go below sticker price on the 05's. How much off do you think I should ask for if I decide to take an 05' so that I'll have it for the summer?

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
SJ,

I know Tim, he is a good sales person.
anyway, you should get at least a few thousand dollars off the sticker price so you can have your 05 CLK 55 next month.
just enjoy it this summer, if you wait until X'mas, then you can't really drive your 06 CLK 55 in the snow.

good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey just wanted to say I've decided to go with the 05'CLK 55 AMG Cab, metallic black on black interior.

Working out the final details and numbers!

I'll post pics if everything goes smooth, thanks for the help!

·
Registered
'05 Mars Red SL 500
589 Posts
There will be a CLK after 2006, it's just it will be a new model for 2007 and will have a new internal (like W 209) number. One rumor I've heard is they are trying to create a folding hardtop for the convertible version, instead of a soft top.

·
Registered
2005 350 Cabriolet
12 Posts
I have a new CLA 350 being delivered in November....but I am a bit concerned to read that there is a brand new model about to be released in 12 months time.

This surprises me as the current cab shape has only been out for about 3 years and most MB models seem to have a 7 year cycle.

Could you please elaborate with a bit more detail as MB in Australia are VERY secretive![:(]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mmm hi me again still working on closing the deal for the amg with mercedes.

I'm wondering though how reliable is it that MB is not producing the w209s after 06?

Because that would seriously affect the value of a w209.

·
Registered
2004 CLK320
371 Posts
Not sure if this will work for you.

When I purchased my 2004-CLK320, I actually gave my salesman the price I was willing to pay and I walked away. They called me after 2-3 days and made the deal with me. The only condition was I had to make a deposit before the last working day of the month which was 2 days away. He was honest and said that he or his manager needed the sales for the month to make the quota.

·
Registered
SLK350,C230Komp
305 Posts
Hi SJ,

I complain to MB Boundary Road dealership salesman "Jackson"
about their sales playing game with a serious buyer.

If they don't value your business, we will buy else where.

I think the best time to buy is close to the end of the month when the sales try to close as many deals as possible to meet their quota.
Just offer MB how much you want to pay for your CLK55 AMG and let them play with the numbers.

Alan

1 - 16 of 16 Posts