1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1988 560SL (previously), 1990 560SEL, 1994 E320 Wagon, 2003 SLK320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i'm a new member to this forum.

i am looking to purchase a 560SL. i have found one not too far away (about an hour) that appears to be in very good condition. it is a 1988 model, burgandy with tan interior, 108k miles. the current owner has had it for 5 years. when he purchased it, it had about 100k miles. he appears to have babied the car, and that is reflected in its exceptional condition. it had new seats put in last december. he also had various work done to it when he purchased it. he has a hard top for it, and also recently replaced the canvas top. the only issue is that the airbag light is lit. he indicates it's never deployed. the light just came on a couple of months ago. anyone know what this might be? a faulty indicator? an airbag gone bad? what am i looking at cost wise (worst case)?

also, what would you consider to be a fair valuation for this vehicle, assuming everything else is okay? i'm seeing these advertised for around $16k - $18k. but if i look at edmunds.com, they indicate a fair private sale value of about $11k, and a fair delair sale value of $14k.

thanks!
maverick

·
Registered
1988 560SL (previously), 1990 560SEL, 1994 E320 Wagon, 2003 SLK320
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
airbag issue

hi folks,

had a mercedes service center look at the issue with the airbag. we're looking at about $1,750 to fix it. this includes the part (about $1,320) and labor. the problem is with the mechanism that detects that the airbag should deploy (that's as best as i understood it :).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts