Cd Changer
Hids
Stock 17's + TSW Mandrus 18's Staggered
70k miles
Clean title
Power sun shade?
Automatic Wipers.

My question are:
1. How much does this car run for? I researched a lot and I'd get from $13k and seeing people selling up to $16000. How much do you think this is worth?

2.What are common problems for this year and model (tranny issues, leaks, replacements, etc)? What services must be done at certain xxx,xxx miles? What should I check over when looking at the car basically.

3. When he says Supercharged AMG Kit, I'm assuming its a bumper/sideskirt kit & not motor modification? Does this also mean the bumpers arent stock?

Please any information would help.

Thanks,
-Mike

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Not a good trade. You could have yourself a C32 with less or equal miles for that price... Also, what's this about supercharged AMG kit? It probably has AMG wheels and body updates, but nothing to the supercharger that's for sure...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The 2005 230 K has a supercharged 4-cylinder. It also comes standard with the AMG style body skirts. Looks like a c32 but with a different engine.

Somewhere in the $10-$15K range depending on spec, condition, service history. I have a similar car minus nav and would probably be lucky to get $12-$13K for it; People can ask $16+K all day doesn't mean they'll get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the info guys. :bowdown:

I'm also wondering; what are some common issues with this car [model/year]? Any issues I should really go over when looking at the car? He said He'd add cash on top. Basically "Question #2"

2. What are common problems for this year and model (tranny issues, leaks, replacements, etc)? What services must be done at certain xxx,xxx miles? What should I check over when looking at the car basically.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
The 2005 230 K has a supercharged 4-cylinder. It also comes standard with the AMG style body skirts. Looks like a c32 but with a different engine.
The engine is m271k 1.8l I4 supercharged around 190hp/190tq. The supercharger is not AMG. The engine is not AMG. C32 is m112k 3.2l v6 supercharged 350hp/340tq. You could have one of these rather rare C32's for the same price you're considering a C230? I've found C32's with less mileage that cost well under 18k. This is a rip off as I've already said. You could probably find a E55k higher mileage for that price. Jesus man. Consider your options. Do private buy not dealership...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL, I dont know ANYTHING about Mercedes, hence why I am asking all of these questions. I am currently trying to sell my car for $18,000 and was offered this car. I'm not buying from a dealer.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
wtf

The engine is m271k 1.8l I4 supercharged around 190hp/190tq. The supercharger is not AMG. The engine is not AMG. C32 is m112k 3.2l v6 supercharged 350hp/340tq. You could have one of these rather rare C32's for the same price you're considering a C230? I've found C32's with less mileage that cost well under 18k. This is a rip off as I've already said. You could probably find a E55k higher mileage for that price. Jesus man. Consider your options. Do private buy not dealership...
I'm not the OP, and I never said the engine or supercharger was AMG.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently purchased my 06 6mt c230 for 11000. 90k miles but mint condition and all service records. Also had brand new pilot sports. I did have to change brakes and front rotors after I purchased.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts