Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Zymol Seal treatment. I have not used it yet but based on the description on their website, it seems like a fairly effective treatment on the exposed rubber seals lining the roof of the SLK. Since my car is under the sun alot, I thought $20 for a small bottle is a small price to pay relative to changing the seals. Their service must have been improved...came with a nice Zymol sponge with manual and a sample of Carnuaba flower that they make their wax from.

I will let all of you know how it protects the rubber parts.

·
Registered
'98 SLK230, 2007 Black E63 AMG
189 Posts
Has anyone else used this (or another product) on the SLk seals? Anyone want to comment on the results?
My roof is quite squeeky when closed and I think the seals are the cause.

Thanks

PT

·
Registered
2002 SLK 230, 1986 190E 2.3-16, 1978 450SLC, 1971 220D
51 Posts
I have used the Zymol product line since I purchased my 2002 SLK in April of 2003. The Zymol Creame wax is the best wax I have ever used (applies different than other waxes) but gives unmatched shine and protection in the Texas sun. I use the seal treatment on the hat shelf wings to keep them from squeeking when the top is up and also on the weather stripping to keep it soft. I have had excellent results with very little smudging on the glass where the strips touch.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Titanium wax

I actually use the Titanium wax, one of the premium waxes that Zymol makes. It is very effective but I find it very time consuming to apply properly, since I do not use electric tools for waxing but simply cloth and hands! On the other hand, I have always used their Clean wax with very good results. Since I wax the car every month after a wash, the paint work of my car is still showroom like, or even better. This is after years of driving and parking outside in the sun. Most of my friends cannot believe the car is 4 years coming to 5 years old.

I highly recommend Zymol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts