Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[?]

I have been eyeing a 1995 C36 AMG in Tectite Grey (I think that's the colour). It has 54,000 kilometres on it and appears to be in excellent condition compared to a few other examples I have looked at.

1. What is annual maintenance like (estimate)?
2. Can the vehicle be driven in the snow? Snow tires needed?
3. What should I check for when I buy it?
4. What are common problems, if any?
5. What is the next major servicing or maintenance after 54,000 kilometres?
6. Is the 1995 CD changer supposed to be in the trunk or the centre arm rest?
7. Is the spare wheel the larger or smaller wheel?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
before you buy the car you must check for any oil leaks. AT around that mileage the gask...

before you buy the car you must check for any oil leaks. AT around that mileage the gaskets begin to go bad. The spare tire is a full size amg 17" rim.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: before you buy the car you must check for any oil leaks. AT around that mileage the gask...

before you buy the car you must check for any oil leaks. AT around that mileage the gaskets begin to go bad. The spare tire is a full size amg 17" rim.
Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it [:D].

How much are usual repairs for the gaskets to be replaced?

Is the 17" rim the size of the fronts or the rears?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the C36 (which I have not driven) is anything like my C43, the stock wheels/Z-rated tir...

If the C36 (which I have not driven) is anything like my C43, the stock wheels/Z-rated tires are completely useless in snow. I had to abandon my car on the roadside during a 3" spring snow in Charlotte, NC -- it was continueing to slide uncontrollably from a full stop on an incline and unable to get up even moderate hills with good Samaratins pushing.

If you are going to use it in the winter, get inexpnsive steel wheels and dedicated snow tires (e.g., Alpins or Blizzaks).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about a 1995 C36 with 110,000 kilometres on it?

The car I was ready to purchase was sold to someone else [:(!]. It had 53,000 and was in absolutely perfect condition. Never repainted and it looked brand new, the engine parts barely had any heat spotting or signs of wear.

I have found another one but with twice the kilometres on it, 110,000. That's about 68,000 miles. How is this mileage on a vehicle like this? Is there anything I need to be checking? What needs to be done in terms of maintenance and or typical repairs or failures at this time? I've heard of wiring that hardens or fails. Anything else about gaskets or leaks? How is the automatic transmission?

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts