Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This wagon only has 73k on it..any major reoccuring problems with the 83?? <br> thinking of building a biodiesel auxiliary tank...any info and pricing would be highly appreciated!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are great vehicles. I have owned five ranging from a 1982 to a 1985. Be careful of a couple of things to be sure. The load leveling system is more complex than on the sedans of the same vintage. There is a hydraulic system that runs off the engine to rear suspension shocks. These are often collapsed. The transmission can be jumpy, but should not be with the low miles. Look to pay between 3,500 and 4,000.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1985 300TD wagon hydraulic suspension

I installed a 300SD engine in my 300TD wagon. There was no hydraulic pump on the SD engine. Does anyone out there know of an alternate air shock that will replace the hydraulic shock or an aftermarket electric hydraulic pump that I can put on this car. There is a hydraulic system that runs off the engine to rear suspension shocks. Unfortunately, the SD engine has no place for the hydraulic pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hydraulic shocks

My old cylinder head was bad. I could look for one at a junk yard. What would you expect to pay for an old cylinder head and there would appear to be alot of risks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.