Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering which pulley to go with...is there a difference which one i buy..? i checked out the ASP it only showed me one pulley...then when i looked at KLEEMANN they had 2 pulleys in their picture (crank & altenator)...i think..?) i'm all confused..please help...thanks[:(!]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Kleemann no longer sells their pulleys in North America. Kleemann included an underdriv...

Kleemann no longer sells their pulleys in North America. Kleemann included an underdrive pulley for the alternator. No other tuner offered one, so it is not really needed. If you want one, I'm sure ASP could make one.

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Kleemann no longer sells their pulleys in North America. Kleemann included an underdriv

Kleemann no longer sells their pulleys in North America. Kleemann included an underdrive pulley for the alternator. No other tuner offered one, so it is not really needed. If you want one, I'm sure ASP could make one.
can anybody give me the ebsite or phone # to ASP

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Be careful about asking for a larger alt pulley, they'll make it but you may not be able...

Be careful about asking for a larger alt pulley, they'll make it but you may not be able to find the correct belt size in the U.S. With just the larger crank pulley, the belt you will need is a 6 rib, 56", with an alt pulley you'll need something closer to 57". For instructions on how to do it, you can download the instructions off my website at www.Buellwinkle.com

·
Registered
c230
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so you're saying the one pulley is good enough from asp racing, and the belt is easy to fi...

so you're saying the one pulley is good enough from asp racing, and the belt is easy to find at the local auto parts store...? also do you recommend a chip to go along with that pulley...?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Just one pulley will do. The belt is a standard issue Pep Boys, Autozone, Kragen product...

Just one pulley will do. The belt is a standard issue Pep Boys, Autozone, Kragen product. Don't know of any chip anybody is doing to their pullied '02 coupes yet. I know a few companies are working on it but nothing yet. Get an ITG or K&N filter, that will get you an additional 3 HP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts