Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes C350 Amg pckg, multimedia pckg
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ive had my 2008 mercedes c350 with AMG package for about 3 months now and ive never really pushed it to the limit before. Today i was cruising on a 3 lane road and it just happens that a light turns red and i end up with a cts V on my left and a G35 on my right. I never raced the benz before and i was pretty sure that both the G and definietly the V will pull on me. As im waiting on the green light i turn my traction control off. The light turns green and i go easy so i wont spin and then drop it. I saw the G stay behind about half a car and suprisingly i was going head to head with the Caddy. After i got to about 70-80 i saw the g in my rear view and the caddy was still going at it. The driver seemed like he was not experience with driving stick because within every gear change he fell behind about 2 feet and caught back up. I was soo suprised and i loved the punch the benzo had in mid range RPMS. Finally a car cut me off and i had to slow down. I know alot of people here are not too much into that kind of stuff but i just thought i would share

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
uhhhhhhhhh, rightooo...........

Wow, same lame ass drivers or they weren't in the mood to play racer.

·
Registered
2008 MB C350 Sport, 2002 Audi TT Roadster
16 Posts
I had a CTS-V before the C350 and I too am impressed with the power of the C350. The trans seems to keep the benz in the power band. The CTS-V shifts like crap, even with the short throw shifter, so I can see the benz keeping up with the V.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
It was a vision maybe.:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
something seems fishy here... what year G35 & CTS-V ???
it was the older models. The cts was about 04-05 and the g was an 03-04 because it had the older rims. If the CTS- V had a good driver, im positive it would of ripped me apart, but it seemed like the guy did not have alot of experience driving stick. just like KegC350 said the "powerband" is what actually made me keep up because he lost time shifting and i pulled up at that time. The brand new cts-v does 0-60 in 3.8 so yeaaa i would have no chance in hell

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
Sorry being mean

·
Registered
16 Posts
The older CTS-V had so much wheel hop you had to be careful how you shift gears or it would rip the diff out of the car. That is why I got rid of it, 5 diff repairs in 45,000 miles, other than that a great car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I have an 03 G35 coupe, and a 09 C350 4matic. There is no way in heck the merc will hang with the Infiniti. There are few things going against the Merc in this matchup. #1 is the auto tranny - which is a lazy DOG in the Merc! The G tranny shifts with urgency and finds high revs to grab quickly, while the Merc takes the bloodhounds out for a hunting trip. The next issues is weight - the G weighs about 200+ lbs less than the Merc. Third is power and torque - G has a ~22 hp advantage, and seemingly more eager cam setup, with plenty more low end grunt. The final issue is the 4matic. This will lop off some power and acceleration also - maybe I should try out a non-awd C350 some day? But I much prefer driving the C350 - oh yeah!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My C350 sport kicks ass in sport mode. i can switch the tc off and light up the tires with no problem, it revs to 6 grand and shift quickly and strongly. I went head to head with a 5.0 hopped up mustang until I saw the cop and back out. The cop got the mustang and left the old man in the mercedes go.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dont get me wrong, I drove my friends 350Z and it is a fast car. I havent raced him yet, bu Off the start the Z would probably pull a little because of the weight, but im pretty sure i would catch up. The big advantage on the C is the tranny. It does not let off the torque and the 7 speed shifts so smooth you dont even feel it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'll have whatever youre smoking...

Dont get me wrong, I drove my friends 350Z and it is a fast car. I havent raced him yet, bu Off the start the Z would probably pull a little because of the weight, but im pretty sure i would catch up. The big advantage on the C is the tranny. It does not let off the torque and the 7 speed shifts so smooth you dont even feel it.

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
The CTS-V driver wasn't just a bad driver...he had to be the worst driver in the world. He had about twice as much power as you...so for him not to blow your doors off right from the start means he should be taking the bus instead of driving that car. Like SRoss said I also have a hard time believing you left the G35 behind...especially by that much.

And yes you must be smokin some good shlt to think you would beat a 350Z

·
Registered
63 Posts
The CTS-V driver wasn't just a bad driver...he had to be the worst driver in the world. He had about twice as much power as you...so for him not to blow your doors off right from the start means he should be taking the bus instead of driving that car. Like SRoss said I also have a hard time believing you left the G35 behind...especially by that much.

And yes you must be smokin some good shlt to think you would beat a 350Z
Before going stage II on my STI, we did a pull against my friends 350Z and it was surprising how much top end speed the Z had and was able to keep up next to me...

I love my c-class, it's a great car... but we all know the truth :)

^^^:big laugh:
I especially like the part "I'm pretty sure I would catch up".:)
:eclipsee_steering: :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
thats why i said i was "suprised". It seems like both of those guys were complete idiots and did not know how to shift. I know alot about cars, and from the stats thats true that both of these cars should of ripped me apart, but im just stating what happened. Im not trying to start arguments or act like my C is the FASTEST car around.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.