Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this morning that I have a large puddle of blue fluid (windshield washer?) under the front driver side of my vehicle this morning. The leak appears to be directly below the washer fluid tank, but due to all of the fender and front bumper lining, I cannot see exactly where it is coming from. I opened the washer fluid tank cover and can see fluid deep down in the tank and it was accompanied by a very foul / pungent odor.

Any ideas as to what would cause the leak and the horrible odor?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chris,
What did the fluid "feel like"? Put it between your thumb and forefinger, moving it around. Does it feel oily? Does it smell sweet? It could be antifreeze (Mercedes Benz Engine Coolant Blue BQ 1 03 0004). Don't assume it's just washer fluid. Marv

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Chris,
What did the fluid "feel like"? Put it between your thumb and forefinger, moving it around. Does it feel oily? Does it smell sweet? It could be antifreeze (Mercedes Benz Engine Coolant Blue BQ 1 03 0004). Don't assume it's just washer fluid. Marv
++Good.

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
Agree, remove panels to see where leak originates. If it is washer fluid I attached instructions to replace reservoir if need be (current part # 2048690300) and list of associated part #s for MY14.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what was the outcome? We'd like to know! Marv
It was definitely windshield washer fluid, but I could never find where it was leaking and it eventually stopped without fully draining the tank. Regardless, I found a newer CLS that I ended up purchasing and traded in the car with the leaking tank (problem solved)!

I will post photos and details of the new CLS soon. She's a beauty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, this is completely bizarre and I need the forum's help. I traded in the 2014 CLS550 for a newer 2015. I filled the washer fluid tank on the new vehicle and when I returned home a couple of hours later, I found a puddle of washer fluid under the new car!!!! I filled the tank to the top of the neck, but is there a fill line that I am not supposed to pass? I have never seen that in any of the other Benzes that I have owned in the past, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Okay, this is completely bizarre and I need the forum's help. I traded in the 2014 CLS550 for a newer 2015. I filled the washer fluid tank on the new vehicle and when I returned home a couple of hours later, I found a puddle of washer fluid under the new car!!!! I filled the tank to the top of the neck, but is there a fill line that I am not supposed to pass? I have never seen that in any of the other Benzes that I have owned in the past, but I can't think of anything else it could be.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Karma;)
Up to my knowledge, there's no fill line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts