Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
C250 CGI Elegance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all I wont pretend I am in the market for a Maybach. (though I would like to be in the position to be). I was wondering though, what are the general publics reactions like when you drive around town in one? Do you park it in shopping centres and have to put up with all sorts of questions? Do people try to mess with you on the road?
Or would I be right in thinking you mainly only drive it/park it in areas where the lower side of humanity isnt likely to be a problem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
1. Panties get moist and drop. From your prepubescent teeny bopper to your 98 year old granny panties they all go down.

2. Assholes in $200 cars will cut you off and slam on their brakes. Install a forward facing camera that records all activity and invest in some good insurance.

3. Your ego will inflate......however your penis won't. Sorry.

·
Registered
'85 300D, '83 300SD, '81 240D
46 Posts
I don't really react to seeing a Maybach any differently from how I would to an S-Class. It's not terribly impressive to me though it is a bit amusing at times.

Vintage Benzes always catch my eye though. Drive a W100 Mercedes 600 from the '60s and '70s and I will stare in awe endlessly.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
My buddy had one. He says most people just think it's a new, expensive Mercedes. He ended up buying a 2010 s63 new, which he still has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not know what it was when I 1st saw a Maybach. I was in Tijuana Mexico, and one was crossing to the USA. I wanted one but did not recognize the MMM emblem. I called my brother from Beverly Hills to ask what vehicle it was. I said it has curtains!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts