Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a TIMEPORT phone kit in my 02' C230K Coupe trying to get the PTT lever installed in the column folowing the instructions but it will not go all the way in there is like a little wire pin going across hole about 1/2 inch in. Im wondering is there different lever for my car. or are they all inter- changable.mine just has a rounded end with a chanfer in it at 1/4 in from the end. Any help out there.
P.S. Got the kit on E-Bay. Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
You never know for sure what you are getting on eBay!! There should be a part number on the lever. If it does not start with "203" then it won't fit on your Coupe. The MBUSA part number for the correct lever is Q6820551 and the international number is 2035450044.

Each model usually has a different lever although that is not true in all cases. The 203 lever should work in a 209 as well.

If you haven't been there already you can go to my website and download the Phone install bulletin for your coupe. Go to:

http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsite/

... then select the "Integrated Phones" page, then the "Phone Bulletins" page and you will see where to download it from there. It descibes how to install the lever and lists all part numbers on the last page.

BTW, what is the part number of the Voice Module you got. If it starts with "220" it may not work with anything else but the phone ...

Paul

·
Registered
C230 SC KOMPRESSOR
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul For all your info,I used your web site to install my TIMEPORT KIT,Great info. My VCM works fine i used a screwdriver as a lever to see if the VCM works and it does im waiting for my mikbox and cradle to come in the mail.I havnt had it version coded yet or mikbox installed it sill says NO PHONE is this normall. Thanks Again,Kevin[:)]

·
Registered
2015 GLA 250, 2001 C 320
784 Posts
It should say something like "Phone Not Connected" but if it says "No Phone" it may not be connected correctly. It may or may not show up without version coding but if you have the fiber optic cables daisy chained into the D2B network correctly and your audio still works you can assume the PSE is installed correctly.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts