Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'94 S600 Sedan, '97 S600 Sedan, etc
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally managed to remove the rear individual cushion and accessed the PSE Pump and to my surprise, its been replaced by a newer style pump.

Problem: Central Locking does not work. Retractable Trunk Handle and Reverse Rods work though.

It seems to me the pump is working, its just that whoever (Dealer) snipped the old vacuum lines had no clue which line is supposed to go where.

Does anyone have a diagram for where the vacuum lines are supposed to connect to?

I also bought an older style PSE Pump, which at the time I thought was going to be an easy swap until I found out the new style pump in the car. I'll also be trying to connect the old style pump since I'm stuck with it anyway.

Heres some pictures of the two pumps. Top one is the new style that came with the car, and the bottom one is the one I bought that was originally supposed to be in the car.

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
u have to make sure the part number mach or it wont work. few months ago i did like u did, i bought one and it looked the same as the old one but the car wont start"believe it" .
each hose have a color that means its for something "yellow for doors,gray for trunk i think, i cant remember and u got rear headrest. to find out wt hose is for wt u have to blow that hose with ur mouth and u will find out for wt. and to find out wt nipple from the pump u have to keep locking,unlocking ,to find out wt nipple for wt door and wt hose. its easy but it will take time. u will need a second hand to help u opening and closing doors,trunk, and pushing the hearest button. thats how i did mine . but maybe some guys in here know a better idea or they can help better since im overseas and i cant check my car pump to help u .

·
Registered
1995 S500 coupe, 1990 Mazda Miata
694 Posts
On my '95 coupe: Central locking is a yellow hose and goes to nipple marked ZV. Backup rods have a red hose and is hooked to RH. Trunk handle has a black hose and goes to SFG. Head rests, white hose, FKS nipple, Lumbar bladders gray hose and goes to P+, and the clear hose is for manifold assist and goes to nipple marked P.

·
Registered
'94 S600 Sedan, '97 S600 Sedan, etc
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies Gentlemen. Yes, the pump I bought is not compatible due to the wrong connections (waste of money) and I finally have the diagram figured out so knock that off the list as well.

So I was testing out the central locking lines one by one and noticed something interesting:

For the front passenger, rear passenger (right), gas cap and trunk lock vacuum lines, the pump runs in a very short period of time which is an indication that everything is ok.

For the driver and rear passenger (left), the pump runs longer than usual, which if im correct, is an indication of a leak?

Its particularly worse for the driver's lock because while it locks immediately, it doesnt unlock unless I "help" the lock by lightly pulling it, finally unlocking that particular door. The rear left passenger locks/unlocks normally though, although the motor runs longer than usual like I said.

Is there an easy way to trace where the leak is happening? Given how long the vacuum line is and under lots of insulation, it sounds like a pain narrowing down the exact location of the leak.

Otherwise, the PSE Pump functions 100% so I'm thankful for that.

·
Registered
1995 mercedes S420
228 Posts
Is there an easy way to trace where the leak is happening?.
to trace a leak use cigarettes smoke . blow the smoke through the hose and you will see where the smoke coming out it means a leak
thats how i did mine.
smoke machine are expensive"$1000 and up" so you cant purchase one,lol

thats my idea but maybe somebody got a better idea that we can use in the future

1 - 5 of 5 Posts