Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to do this to mine even though it is dry but I didnt want any probs later.

Just happened to mention it to an Indy I use sometimes who is very helpful and he only works on MB vehicles.
He said the idea is good but he had seen problems associated with doing just that on I think 'C'?? class where some people do the same as it is in a well under back seat that also gets damp in some.
The problem was from the small amount of normal condensation that gets produced in the bag from the motor geting warm and cold and from the ozone produced from the motor seemed to make some units corrode without getting wet.
His suggestion was to just lift unit up off floor and completely cover the circuit board and connectors with conformal coating spray from an electronics parts supplier.
Seems to make sense to me. I will check this out later.

Bazzle

·
Premium Member
SLK 230
1,498 Posts
Dealer called me today.
My extension lines for the PSE are in.

Someone posted a TSB a few weeks back about it.
When I went to the parts counter to get it they had no idea what I was talking about.
So I had to show them a copy, and they ordered it for me. Thank you to whoever posted it.

Picking it up tomorrow. Will post pics and details.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You're welcome on the TSB [:)]
Interestingly, I'm in MD also. What dealer are u using - happy with them?
btw, tried a PSE from a CLK and all functions worked for one time then it stopped working. I'm wonder if there's some kind of code/model ID in firmware that identifies the model and the ECU or something said - oops wrong one. The electronics sure look the same although there are more vacuum lines on the CLK part I was hoping I could use the the "good" electronics with the SLK vacuum "wiring" but alas couldn't get past the electronics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts