Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed the pump on my wife's SLK 230K (1999), it was corroded. We found the alarm / central locking & the window drop (on door opening) wasn't working anymore, all these things started happening which is when I noticed the pump problem. I replaced the pump but the only thing that changed is that I can now use the central locking from the dash button. Do I need to get the new pump coded to the car, could the pump fault take out the alarm also? [?]

I'm completely confused now, I thought the new pump would rectify all the problems...

Please help me!

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Pigzmickey - 4/26/2005 6:14 PM

I recently changed the pump on my wife's SLK 230K (1999), it was corroded. We found the alarm / central locking & the window drop (on door opening) wasn't working anymore, all these things started happening which is when I noticed the pump problem. I replaced the pump but the only thing that changed is that I can now use the central locking from the dash button. Do I need to get the new pump coded to the car, could the pump fault take out the alarm also? [?]

I'm completely confused now, I thought the new pump would rectify all the problems...

Please help me!
Seems to me that the old pump put some kind of strain on the rear SAM (fuse box) and that is where a lot of these functions are carried out. You better sit down, this isnt going to be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
We found the alarm / central locking & the window drop (on door opening) wasn't working anymore,
What you mean "window drop (on door opening)" was it ever working ? I think this is a first time i am hearing about this feature on SLK

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just disconnected & then reconnected the PSE, I also changed the key fob batteries & recoded the key to the car. Now it all works again. At last...[:D]

·
Registered
Golf R32 / Prev R170 SLK
6,821 Posts

·
Registered
SL 600
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here you go:

1) Get in and close all the doors.
2) insert your key in to the ignition cylinder
3) turn the key to position 2 (do not start)
4) turn the key off & remove
5) press & HOLD the lock button
6) press the unlock button 5 times
7) release the lock button
8) press any other button on the remote (ie tailgate)

you only have ten(10) seconds to do the entire procedure so keep trying.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
If the auto locking (when driving away) does not work press the central locking switch (beside radio) for 10seconds.

gary

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
Bazzle - 4/28/2005 11:01 PM

How did you recode the key please?

Bazzle[?]
To synchronize the remote control (from the 2002 manual):

Synchronizing remote control
The system may have to be resynchronized, if the
transmitter is without voltage for several minutes.
To synchronize system, aim transmitter eye at vehicle
and briefly press transmit button (Lock) or (Unlock) twice.
Within approximately 30 seconds insert key in steering lock and turn it to position 2.
The remote control should once again be operational.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts