Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Forum,

I have a 2002 C240 that is in good operating condition and that I take good care of. After getting it detailed recently I noticed how many chips and rust spots there are on the exterior. Given its age however I don't think repainting is a wise investment. I'm wondering if anybody has any suggestions for how to cover up or treat the exterior chips and rust spots so that they don't get any worse? I saw something in another Thread about Dr colorchip, but I have no idea what that is or if it's a good suggestion. My main goal is to make sure that the chips don't get larger or rust, and that the existing rust spots don't get larger.

Any advice or guidance anybody with actual experience with this issue can offer is appreciated.

·
Registered
1982 380SL
39 Posts
Hi Soupyd,

Larry from Ammo NYC is one of the best in the business in the auto detailing world. He has a whole series of videos on various detailing jobs and is excellent at explaining things. He sells his own line of detailing products, but his videos are very informative and not one big sales pitch. I've watched mostly all of his detailing videos and learned a lot and I have not purchased a single thing from him. Here is his video on paint chip/rust spot repair:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Soupyd,

Larry from Ammo NYC is one of the best in the business in the auto detailing world. He has a whole series of videos on various detailing jobs and is excellent at explaining things. He sells his own line of detailing products, but his videos are very informative and not one big sales pitch. I've watched mostly all of his detailing videos and learned a lot and I have not purchased a single thing from him. Here is his video on paint chip/rust spot repair:

Craig, this is awesome. Thanks a million for the tip. It actually seems pretty doable, but IF I didn't want to attempt this type of precision work myself, it sounds like I'd need to find a detail shop that does this well, right (e.g. is that where you'd look)?

·
Registered
1982 380SL
39 Posts
Honestly, if you're into auto detailing at all give the Ammo series of videos a watch. They're so informative and he does such a good job explaining things and breaking them down. He has a video to tackle almost every issue you can come across.

If it were my car and I didn't want to tackle the job myself, yes, I would look for a reputable detailer in my area and make sure it's being done right I would be weary of the cheap, wash your car inside and out for $30 type detailers. Not saying this type of issue is expensive to fix, but like most things in life you get what you pay for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts